Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 1.5%

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarge

God like member
Todays incompetant was in my opinion right up there in terms of a shockingly poor officiating as Purkiss and Mather ( Port Vale & Bristol Rovers)
He was unbelievably inconsistent ( hence in terms of consistency the poll has to be 1-10- sorry, I know he warrants a 0), first few mins foul on McGuane , not given, thankfully Beadle pulled off decent save or his missing/ignoring of that could've had worse consequences. Catalogue of incidents missed, not given or ignore. A wycombe player goes over in the first half in their pen area, handles the ball nothing given, McGuane goes over 2nd half same place same thing pen awarded! Beadle made NO contact with their player, WW typical dark arts employed ( which Stockbridge fell for every time) 2nd pen awarded. Yet neither McGuane nor Beadle were yellow carded? - which they should have been for their (alleged) offences, applying the rules/laws of the game One of our players RR ,I think ,was pushed in the face, WW player then goes down in a heap without any contact. NO card?

His far side ( in front of WW away support) assistant referee was farcical - at least twice wasn't keeping up with play 2nd half - clear offside not flagged for, also ball went over the touch line ( goalkick) yey play allowed to continue.

As for our late pen, talk about soft, the earlier shout of a pen on Harris looked more convincing. On the subject of Harris, clear through on goal yet Stockbridge pulled play back for a FK (and yellow card) , that was a clear advantage denied

Its about time FA/EFL clamped down on the likes of Purkiss, Mather and Stockbridge, (NOT that they ever will) people go to football to watch a game of football, not the amateur dramatics of the match referee, despite what those jokers may think it is not all about them

A 1 from me ( purely because YF ref watch IS consistent, so there is no option for zero or less)

On the bright side, he did yellow card every instance of kicking the ball away....

Everything Sarge said. Dire, dire, dire.
The standard of professionalism from the clubs in League 1 has never been higher. The standard of officiating in the league - not just today, although Stockbridge is the worst yet - has never been worse.
The matches Sarge referenced Port Vale, Bristol Rovers and today have been massively influenced by the ref, that isn't sour grapes as we've won one, lost one and drawn one of those. The FA need to get a grip of the standard of officiating as it is ruining half the games this season.

He was an abomination. Not sure he was inept but he was disinterested, seemed to bend the rules for theatre - their penalty where Beadle didn't foul the striker and ours where the attacker fell over.

A disgrace. I think it's on purpose.

We need a 0 option. It's been bad this season but that utter clown took it to new levels. Not playing that advantage just embarrassing, 1v1 would have made it 2-0. Never a penalty to us and both of theirs were soft as shite. Pathetic clown needs to be investigated. Inept.

Appalling, inconsistent, and suffering from dyscalculia - 12 paces for one free kick, 8 1/2 for another but never 10. I do not want to see this ref again.
How do these sort of idiots retain a position when everyone, let alone the assessor, can see what's going on?

We need a 0 option. It's been bad this season but that utter clown took it to new levels. Not playing that advantage just embarrassing, 1v1 would have made it 2-0. Never a penalty to us and both of theirs were soft as shite. Pathetic clown needs to be investigated. Inept.

That is his standard performance and the authorities should know that already. The game has to be all about him.

He was the Ref last season who didn't send off the Bolton keeper who did a diving header into Joseph's stomach, after Joseph had already knock the ball past him when clean through on goal.

He was worse than both Purkiss and Mather.

Purkiss in his defence, sent off Harris as the lino told him about a stamp, Greg Leigh deserved a second yellow. The penalty that won Port vale the game was a penalty.

Mather again gave the Rovers player 2 yellows for kicking the ball away and a foul on Murphy who was clean through, 2 yellows for Smyth for a foul stopping them attack and then kicking the ball away, the Stan Mills one was the Lino telling him it was a red card.

Stockbridge has no one else to blame but himself. All 3 penalties weren't, well if the first one was then we should of had one in the first half for an identical incident with a player slipping over and landing on the ball. Manning being sent off tells you all you need to know, even he had enough of the incompetent tosser in the orange.

This ref is actually quite dangerous in the fact he has no sense of control on the game. It's like he makes things up just to be the only person people talk about afterwards none of those penalties were penalties why did he stop play when Harris was clean through why did he not book the player that hit Rodriguez in the face . He was clueless and I never want to see him again BUT we will unfortunately

Watching the Wolves game….
Looks like Seb hot footed it up to Wolverhampton to officiate there…

I'm always reluctant to criticise refs because it's a really hard job, but it would also help if they were actually qualified for the role.

I think the most baffling decision he made today was to call into Radio Oxford after the game under the guise of 'Neil from Abingdon'.

I actually thought Maher was worse than this one, but barely. I think the recency will make people think Stockbridge was worse but I don't think i've ever seen a worse ref than Maher - he had absolutely no idea how to ref a game.

I need to see the 2nd Wycombe penalty but I've heard how soft it was. At least Stockbridge was consistent with kicking the ball away yellow cards, the only reason I've given him a 2 instead of a 1.

This ref got all the big decisions wrong and not just those against us. It was never a penalty at the end it was a case of a ref thinking that he needed to even up a game he’d lost inside 5 mins. Criminal to blow up when the fouled team had a real opportunity to score from open play,

Refs have a hard time but I’ll wager the Wycombe fans feel the same about this guys performance today.

Absolutely shocking.

I'm always reluctant to criticise refs because it's a really hard job, but it would also help if they were actually qualified for the role.

I think the most baffling decision he made today was to call into Radio Oxford after the game under the guise of 'Neil from Abingdon'.

I did chuckle that Neil thought the ref was unpopular because his name was Sebastian.

Back
Top Bottom