Matches Pubs for May 18th

Only if you want to able to hear the tutting from the real ale mob from miles away.

Oh I’ll be with the real ale mob!

I’m just showing my age, Watney’s Party 4 and Party 7 was pretty grim.

Mind you it was ‘fun’ to give it a good shake before puncturing the can!

Oh I’ll be with the real ale mob!

I’m just showing my age, Watney’s Party 4 and Party 7 was pretty grim.

Mind you it was ‘fun’ to give it a good shake before puncturing the can!

Before my time, wasn’t born till 78 so I would have had to start drinking young to be on that, assuming it wasn’t the sort of thing you took up the local park as a kid?

it was 'our' designated pub for the playoff gave v york - absolutely rammed , great atmosphere in there pre match
I like to think of it as our 'lucky' pub.😉

Before my time, wasn’t born till 78 so I would have had to start drinking young to be on that, assuming it wasn’t the sort of thing you took up the local park as a kid?

We probably have a lot to thank Watney’s for.

It was the dross of stuff like Party7s that led to the formation of CAMRA and the revitalisation and saving of cask ale.

I appreciate not everyone likes real ale but in my experience all the best pubs have a good range of well kept real ale, whereas the majority of those that don’t serve real ale completely lack character and are a bit shite.

We probably have a lot to thank Watney’s for.

It was the dross of stuff like Party7s that led to the formation of CAMRA and the revitalisation and saving of cask ale.

I appreciate not everyone likes real ale but in my experience all the best pubs have a good range of well kept real ale, whereas the majority of those that don’t serve real ale completely lack character and are a bit shite.

Depends what you call character, I miss it when pubs all had jukeboxes, pool tables, dartboards etc, like library’s now. Crown and thistle in Woodfarm had a billiards table till fairly late, Masons in Quarry even later.

Nothing beats a night where the local nutter puts mind games by John Lennon on the joke box 28 times in a row.

Depends what you call character, I miss it when pubs all had jukeboxes, pool tables, dartboards etc, like library’s now. Crown and thistle in Woodfarm had a billiards table till fairly late, Masons in Quarry even later.

Nothing beats a night where the local nutter puts mind games by John Lennon on the joke box 28 times in a row.

Dart boards and traditional Oxfordshire pub games like Aunt Sally are ok, but I can live without duke boxes and pool tables.

But then again I’d ban mobile phones from pubs!😉😅

A decent pint of well kept real ale and good conversation.👍

Dart boards and traditional Oxfordshire pub games like Aunt Sally are ok, but I can live without duke boxes and pool tables.

But then again I’d ban mobile phones from pubs!😉😅

A decent pint of well kept real ale and good conversation.👍

You are not the bloke who owns Sam smiths pubs are you? Although the one in town seems to ignore you say about mobiles.

Do the pubs around Wembley stop serving alcohol an hour before kick off? I assume you can have a drink in the stadium still up to kick off?

I am not drinking as I have to drive to the airport at 2.45am the next day, still going to the pubs though. Probably somewhere in Paddington then walk to Baker Street for a drink, tube then the green man for the pre match atmosphere.
I remember you saying you’d booked that!! Ah well, you can recover on holiday

Back
Top Bottom