Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
A lovely stadium, COME ON ENGLAND
_109290189_emiratesoldtrafforddevelopment.jpg

There has been a lot of criticism of the England selection and Australia are playing with an all rounder in place of their spinner ( a draw will do them).
The weather forecast is poor so I suspect that England will 'go for it' even more than usual.
The weather favours the Aussis ( England have to win). Can England make the 5th Test one of the most anticipated of all time?

England win the toss for the 4th game in a row. Stokes elects to bowl first.

I can't help thinking that the weather looks like it will intervene here - and the pitch looks like it will play pretty easily for batsmen. So (unfortunately) I fear that the game will be a disappointing draw.

Hussein is so negative on the commentary, basically saying that Australia will bat out all day today and retain the Ashes. Hope the boys shove that back down his throat

I can't help thinking that the weather looks like it will intervene here - and the pitch looks like it will play pretty easily for batsmen. So (unfortunately) I fear that the game will be a disappointing draw.
Little bit of movement though

First wicket of the day, Broad removes Khawaja for 3. Currently 24/1

This is where that Edgbaston result will be even more annoying. If we have a wash out here, the Ashes stay with Australia.

After the first wicket, it’s been watchful from the Aussies.

Essential England get a couple more in this session.

Hussein is so negative on the commentary, basically saying that Australia will bat out all day today and retain the Ashes. Hope the boys shove that back down his throat
He is normally spot on.
Unfortunately a pretty good morning for Aus

He is normally spot on.
Unfortunately a pretty good morning for Aus

One extra wicket and it would have been England’s though. Some late scoring off Moeen made it the Aussies session.

A wicket in the first 30 mins after lunch and the pendulum swings again.

Could really do with bowling them out for 280 max. That'd give us probably 45mins - 1 hour to bat tonight and then we need to aim to bat all day tomorrow to get a lead.

I am there tomorrow and Friday so would love to see us put ourselves into position to have a right go at winning the game.

Back
Top Bottom