Home Match Day Thread 04/05/2024: L1 Play-Off SF 1st Leg - OUFC vs Peterborough

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely f*****g loved that last night from the fans in the stands to the players on the pitch we all gave 100% . Itโ€™s only half time and weโ€™ve still got one more hurdle before we can start dreaming but I have confidence in Des and the boys to show the same spirit as theyโ€™ve shown for the last few weeks and get the job done.

My oldest son goes to watch Liverpool with his grandparents occasionally but has a Oxford season ticket he said to me last night that was special he loved it and canโ€™t wait for Wembley ( hopefully no more Liverpool games ๐Ÿ˜)

Ferguson: โ€˜ Joel Randall also caused them a lot of problems โ€˜

He did and I would like us to play a more solid midfield in the second leg. Randall was finding far too much space in my view
and he needs to be closely marshalled.Their other main tactic was feeding left-back Harrison Burrows who was combining well with Ephron Mason-Clark
for much of the remaining thirty minutes. Fin Stevens however dealt very well with EMC and overalll we defended excellently.

They did get round our back line late on - down our left - with Ricky Jade-Jones flicking a pull-back into Cummingโ€™s arms but that was the only real danger.

We simply canโ€™t go there and sit on such a slender lead - of course not - but I wouldn't be averse to being more compact in the centre of the park.

Last edited:

The arrogance of their fans is unbelievable. How is it that a team so inferior to them turned them over 5-0 and 1-0 then.

Maybe they will beat us at their place, but they think they're prime Barcelona. Deluded fanbase. Their support was nothing special at all.

Itโ€™s just fans being fans to be fair. We all do it.

Wednesday is going to be a really tough evening and we will have to be bang at it.

As much as we have nullified the top scorers over 2 games, law of averages says that they will get through eventually.

We soaked up an awful lot of pressure 2nd half and did amazingly well, but will no doubt be facing much more of the same on Wednesday.

At this stage we take a slender advantage but itโ€™s up for grabs either way. Need to keep calm, keep focused and avoid an early set back.

Certainly not a game to be sitting back and protecting what we have. Play a fast counter and be ruthless with our opportunities.

We have the players , the fans and the manager to get us through this.

They canโ€™t even sell all of their home tickets yet ๐Ÿ™„

So proud of us all last night.

United we Stand.

COYYโ€™s

What a week culminated by a proper solid performance tonight, Moore was MOTM but both full backs were unreal, they never once looked like scoring and I have confidence weโ€™d be able to see out a result at their place. Itโ€™s not over and iโ€™d expect them to bounce back but weโ€™ve put ourselves in a great position. A tear in my eye at the end seeing everyone so United. The players deserved the ovation after that performance, so did Des.

I say what a week because my daughter was discharged from hospital after a tough few weeks on Monday, and my Mum got the all clear from cancer on Wednesday, football becomes so insignificant sometimes but to get that news and a win tonight means so much.

Whatever the result on Wednesday, up the f*****g Oxford
Great to hear the good news my friend

Thankfully the full match replay is on I follow. That's my Sunday morning sorted for me!

A word on Des.

At the lowest ebb, many of his detractors bemoaned that he wasnโ€™t a shouter and lacked โ€˜pashunโ€™. He now bosses that technical area. He prowls it rather than standing there. He looks a man far more comfortable in the role and I can see the players do too in what heโ€™s asking them to do.

Whatever happens Wednesday (or Saturday 18th May should we make it there), we can go into next season far more confident in the choice we made after Manning.

Last edited:
Well what a game, what an atmosphere
Sooo many positives
Cam did brilliantly to keep the ball in play and put it back in the danger area
Defenders were fantastic
Harris just didnโ€™t stop
thought Ruben and Tyler were ok nothing more
Bodin offered little
Marcus well very disappointing , offered little going forward and defending isnโ€™t his game, he is very short of game time so last night may have been good from the point of view

Well what a game, what an atmosphere
Sooo many positives
Cam did brilliantly to keep the ball in play and put it back in the danger area
Defenders were fantastic
Harris just didnโ€™t stop
thought Ruben and Tyler were ok nothing more
Bodin offered little
Marcus well very disappointing , offered little going forward and defending isnโ€™t his game, he is very short of game time so last night may have been good from the point of view
Spot on this. How I saw it too. Goodrham missed a few simple passes to Dale where if he looks up heโ€™s through on goal. Browne made us weaker down their left our right, they were getting no joy when Dale was on the pitch, verging on the fact that Browne was a liability, sad to say but his time with us will be up in the summer.

Our goal reminded me of one of Blackpools at ours in the play off.
Going into the away leg with a win, is job half done.
Theyโ€™ll give it a go But if weโ€™re smart on the counter, like at Derby. Theyโ€™ll have plenty to worry about.

Ferguson: โ€˜ Joel Randall also caused them a lot of problems โ€˜

He did and I would like us to play a more solid midfield in the second leg. Randall was finding far too much space in my view
and he needs to be closely marshalled.Their other main tactic was feeding left-back Harrison Burrows who was combining well with Ephron Mason-Clark
for much of the remaining thirty minutes. Fin Stevens however dealt very well with EMC and overalll we defended excellently.

They did get round our back line late on - down our left - with Ricky Jade-Jones flicking a pull-back into Cummingโ€™s arms but that was the only real danger.

We simply canโ€™t go there and sit on such a slender lead - of course not - but I wouldn't be averse to being more compact in the centre of the park.
Personally wouldnโ€™t be against playing a 3 in midfield. Iโ€™d play Cam,Josh and Marcus. Take control of the centre of the pitch. You can still then have Dale and Murphy as wingers supporting Harris. Get our foot on the ball and control it in the centre, and do what every other club does if we go 1-0 up, fake injury and waste time.

Lots still to do, but proud of the lads.

Up the U's!

A superb night, absolutely cracking atmosphere with noise from all 3 sides, everyone in the stadium bought into the getting behind the team. It was colourful and noisy and showed the passion is there amongst the fan base. Well done to those that organised the balloons and banners etcโ€ฆ, magnificent effort.

That same effort was then shown on the pitch by every single player, a real battling and determined performance. The same is needed from everyone on Weds if we are to get through. COYY

GMy7hxaWgAEoIhu

Personally wouldnโ€™t be against playing a 3 in midfield. Iโ€™d play Cam,Josh and Marcus. Take control of the centre of the pitch. You can still then have Dale and Murphy as wingers supporting Harris. Get our foot on the ball and control it in the centre, and do what every other club does if we go 1-0 up, fake injury and waste time.
I wouldnโ€™t have MM the way heโ€™s playing, passing backwards and getting tackled whilst he over does things, if you mean MB he was poor last night, no threat going forward and awful tackling back
However the old MM who played the start if the season ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿคž
Josh does allow Cam to go forward more and his passing is excellent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom