Away Match Build Up 18/05/2024: L1 Play-Off Final - Bolton vs Oxford

Who Will Be Playing Championship Football Next Year?

• Bolton

Votes: 33 24.6%
  • Oxford

Votes: 101 75.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carpy

Staff member
Last edited by a moderator:
We had two options FP, yourselves or Posh. Given our system there’s no question that we’d prefer to play Oxford than Peterborough but that doesn’t mean we see you as a pushover, that would be ridiculous. We all love football because it’s so unpredictable, anything can happen and moments and decisions can change games. Of course we’re confident, why wouldn’t we be, but not complacent because your team have proved themselves to be a formidable opponent getting to the final at all. If you beat us and prove to be better than us on the day then good luck to you and if we do the same and beat you then surely nobody can argue with the result. Let’s just hope it’s a good match and the best team wins?

Admire the principle, but nah. Quite happy for it to be a horrible scrappy game of football, or for it to be a crazy one-sided affair that ends up with you lot having 30 shots to zero only for Oxford to get a freak own goal in the 96th minute, if it gets us into the Championship.

You've had more than a decade in the Premiership and two trips to Europe since we last played in the second tier.

I have no problem whatsoever with an undeserved or dishonourable victory on Saturday if it gets us back there!

For some strange reason I’m not feeling nervous about this game at all.

I think I’m of the mindset that this is a bit of a free hit. Except it really isn’t, because of what the prize means for the club. Maybe as the day gets closer the nerves will start.

I’m pretty much of the same mindset. I thought we’d blown it after the Stevenage game.

I felt like this before the Exeter and Peterborough games too, however got to admit the second half at Posh was as tense as hell!

Last edited:
I’m pretty much of the same mindset. I thought we’d blown it after the Stevenage game.

I felt like this before the Exeter and Peterborough games too, however got to admit the second half at Posh was as tense as hell!
Also the same, there's no way this game can put me through what the second half at Pbo did. I'm not sure I've ever properly thought about what promotion would represent.

Though it's starting to tickle... once we starting talking and thinking about team lineups on Saturday I'm sure it'll all become real and the nerves will kick in.

This is a local forum, for local people :ROFLMAO:
Rubbish. A hell of a lot of our members live outside of Oxford. Me for one. I 'm getting close to 80 now, been supporting the yellows since I was 6, thanks to my dad. I live in the Netherlands and watch almost every game, but you say I'm not welcome!!
And fans of other teams are welcome if they want to talk sense.

Rubbish. A hell of a lot of our members live outside of Oxford. Me for one. I 'm getting close to 80 now, been supporting the yellows since I was 6, thanks to my dad. I live in the Netherlands and watch almost every game, but you say I'm not welcome!!
And fans of other teams are welcome if they want to talk sense.
I know.. I was mocking something someone else said by quoting from The League of Gentlemen..

For me, as long as they come on and be respectful then I have no problem, in fact, some are good to chat to.

There have been a few though who have boiled my P**s… who could forget alcobol, our Northampton Numpty?

Thanks to whoever posted details of Wembley's bag policy. Anyone know if food and drink can be taken into the stadium? I'm thinking bottle of water, bag of sweets sort of thing not a @Paul Cannell picnic hamper complete with a range of quince options.

Thanks to whoever posted details of Wembley's bag policy. Anyone know if food and drink can be taken into the stadium? I'm thinking bottle of water, bag of sweets sort of thing not a @Paul Cannell picnic hamper complete with a range of quince options.
It doesn't say you can't on the Wembley website, so it's reasonable to assume you can

People talking about having nerves or not, I feel like this song at times this week

Does this apply to family section tickets? Not much space for spare clothes, snacks etc!
You're not allowed snacks. I've loved away days this season because the moment stewards see my five year old, they just look at all the food and drink and say "good idea" or "all the essentials" and wave us through.

Wembley is giving me a headache. I'm going to end up spending a fortune inside, which I guess is the whole idea. Even worse, I've got to get him home and if there's a choice between jumping on a train or stopping to buy food, I'll have to choose the train, which is going to mean the most hellish journey back with "I'm hungry" every 2 minutes, morphing into "I'm so hungry" every minute, then finally "I'm starving" every 30 seconds.

You're not allowed snacks. I've loved away days this season because the moment stewards see my five year old, they just look at all the food and drink and say "good idea" or "all the essentials" and wave us through.

Wembley is giving me a headache. I'm going to end up spending a fortune inside, which I guess is the whole idea. Even worse, I've got to get him home and if there's a choice between jumping on a train or stopping to buy food, I'll have to choose the train, which is going to mean the most hellish journey back with "I'm hungry" every 2 minutes, morphing into "I'm so hungry" every minute, then finally "I'm starving" every 30 seconds.
We are going on the LRC, taking a 3 1/2 and 5 1/2 on a train seemed too much!

I’m taking a β€œcoach bag” which will have pre and post match food snacks and drinks. Then they will each have a back pack with some food and drink for around the outside of Wembley. Also their tablet and ear defenders!

It’s like a military operation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom