Home Match Day Thread 04/05/2024: L1 Play-Off SF 1st Leg - OUFC vs Peterborough

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liability, no. Makes you want to pull your hair out at times, yes.

Personally like that he plays the game on the edge and it’s not his discipline that lands us in any trouble. It’s the temptation to try and play in the wrong areas.

But give him his due, he’s adapting to a pretty niche position/system and doing a pretty good job. Another who has amassed a huge number of minutes and always gives it everything.

Has some bite. Fears nobody. I’m a big fan.

That's fair.

I'd actually be tempted to start McEachran in the away leg, and hold back Tyler to come on and press when others have tired. I think we lack that pressing as the game wears on, and nobody on the bench is suited to it.

Same with Leigh for me… bring him on when they have tired somewhat

Get the feeling out game plan will be to soak up pressure, be quick in transition and counter fast. It’ll probably feel like we’re under the cosh and β€˜negative’ but there are more and less controlled ways of being under the cosh. Thought last night we were very in control despite it feeling like Posh were all over us (certainly possession-wise). I’d like to see similar on Wednesday but with a stronger transition/counter so that we give Posh something to think about.

Exactly this. In the second half they had a lot of the ball, but other than once when they worked it in to the box down our left, and Cummings’s save at his near post, the threat never felt overwhelming. We let them have it where they could damage us, and our pressing and defensive positioning forced them back time after time.

Dare I say it these playoffs have all the hall marks of the 2020 ones…. Where a certain underdog β€˜Wycombe’, written off by everyone and belittled by many were involved.

We all know what happened there…. πŸ™

Dare I say it these playoffs have all the hall marks of the 2020 ones…. Where a certain underdog β€˜Wycombe’, written off by everyone and belittled by many were involved.

We all know what happened there…. πŸ™
Hope you’re right.

Fantastic professional performance last night from not only the players but the fans (I’m the worst critic btw).

Well always have the manor and they ain’t posh!!!

I sincerely hope the stars are shining on us, it’s our turn, Posh went up and came back down - Let’s go and smash them Wednesday night, we are more than capable, COYY’S πŸ’™πŸ’›πŸ’™πŸ’›πŸ’™πŸ’›πŸ’™

I do agree that we press very high with RR and Tyler. When they tire we don't have anybody to come on able to do the same.
And if course we have nobody to come on for Harris at all.
In the summer I am sure that Des will want to address that.
Kyle Joseph would be a good option to keep the high press going.

Does anyone else think that, on balance, Rodrigues is a liability?

In addition to his ability to pick up a lot of silly bookings, he has a propensity to overplay and lose possession in key areas for Oxford.
Dont disagree but only him and Tyler can play the dual no 10 role. So on balance I have no idea who else can play there in this current squad. This system requires huge energy levels from the front five.

Dont disagree but only him and Tyler can play the dual no 10 role. So on balance I have no idea who else can play there in this current squad. This system requires huge energy levels from the front five.
I think Ruben R has played well at times this season, maybe he just suits the Buckingham system less? He is a good player who frustrates at times.

Just got round to watching on Sky the rerun of the game. The pic on the recordings page shows just what Sky know about lower league footie, look at the age of it! πŸ™„

Attachments

• 1714977101979.jpeg
    1714977101979.jpeg
    18.7 KB · Views: 25
This is also very true. I guess the thrust of my original post is that, as much as I like Rodrigues, we need more competition in that role.

Saturday was the first time I'd seen Randall in the flesh, and I'd love us to be looking to recruit someone with his attributes. It should be an interesting summer as Des looks to bring in players to fit his system.

Kyle Joseph would be a good option to keep the high press going.
Let’s not forget somebody has already bought a striker for a significant fee in January! Who we have barely seen at all, for me this was not good business when we needed goals he bought a crock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom