Away Match Day Thread 08/05/2024: L1 Play-Off SF 2nd Leg - Peterborough vs OUFC

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carpy

Staff member
Hope we win of course, but their outright arrogance about thinking they'll roll us over makes you want it even more

Last edited:
Being under dogs suits us IMO. Let them think they will roll us over but we are unbeaten in the last 4 away games. The last time we played them away was when we were going through a transition phase and we are very different animal now.

Team:

Cumming
Stevens Moore Brown Bennett
Brannagan
Rodrigues Goodrham
Dale Harris Murphy

Subs: Eastwood, Long, Leigh, McEachran, Mcguane, Henry, Bodin,​

I would have loved to have seen a second or third goal in our home win, but that would have lead to us potentially changing our game to try to hold that lead. Instead we can hopefully play to our strengths by being able to transition the ball quickly on the break and put Peterborough under real pressure. They will know that another goal for us will put them under risk of being really opened apart.

It's been a crazy season, and many have written us off on numerous occasions. To go into a one off game knowing that if we avoid defeat we're at Wembley is an incredible opportunity, and one that I think we'll take.

2-1 Oxford (3-1 on aggregate) - couldn't careless on who scores!!

I'd hoped you'd have scored more in the home leg but it is what it is. Ferguson seemed confident about tonight's match, but I know your lads have the resilience to keep them at bay and I think the first goal is crucial. Hopefully we'll be seeing you at Wembley.

Time for heroes...COYY
(no prediction from me, just hoping we do it).

Last night a team in yellow took a narrow 1-0 first leg lead into the second leg and, despite the home team being favourites to get the result, won the away leg 0-1.

Is this a good omen..? 🙏🙄🌈

Just driving down the M11 into London and looking out for ‘signs’, as one does, I saw a distinctive yellow car (got to mean something, right?) immediately followed by a white electrician’s van emblazoned with EMC across the back. Gulp.
1-1?
😅

A brilliant 2-2 Harris has never stopped trying he's been fantastic all your my player of the year hopefully score both and get the 35,000 fans ready for a day out.

1st goal is going to be vital. They get it and i cant see us getting the result we all want. We get it and i think we get to Wembley. Feeling really nervous now. Going to be a long day i think. Roll on 22:00 and we will all know our fate.
COYY

I would have loved to have seen a second or third goal in our home win, but that would have lead to us potentially changing our game to try to hold that lead. Instead we can hopefully play to our strengths by being able to transition the ball quickly on the break and put Peterborough under real pressure. They will know that another goal for us will put them under risk of being really opened apart.

It's been a crazy season, and many have written us off on numerous occasions. To go into a one off game knowing that if we avoid defeat we're at Wembley is an incredible opportunity, and one that I think we'll take.

2-1 Oxford (3-1 on aggregate) - couldn't careless on who scores!!
Like the idea but you were careless about your care less 😀

They get one, they HAVE to push for another to win it. Gaps will open up.
Just like our win on Saturday wasn't like our 5-0 annihilation of them a few weeks before, this game won't be anything like their 3-0 drubbing of us in December. We've come and awful long way in that time.

My new manager is a Plymouth fan, but Oxford are his "2nd club" as his brother in law is from Marston, and has taken him to many a game on his various family visits.

He knows not to expect any concentration from me today, let alone tomorrow!

They get one, they HAVE to push for another to win it. Gaps will open up.
Just like our win on Saturday wasn't like our 5-0 annihilation of them a few weeks before, this game won't be anything like their 3-0 drubbing of us in December. We've come and awful long way in that time.
Very good point. They go into this match knowing they need to score at least 1 more goal than we do tonight, to avoid the lottery of penalties. The pressure is most certainly on them.

Back
Top Bottom