What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

West Oxon U’s

OAKWELL Stadium

FsNuj65WYAQw7Ir

Barnsley didn't need to get out of 2nd gear when playing at our place, but I wasn't hugely impressed by them. Their defence was solid but even our makeshift attack made them look a little uncomfortable when we got behind them.

We might not be able to do it for another 90 minutes, but play like we did yesterday and we will make things uncomfortable for Barnsley, and I think that we can certainly look to get something from the game, and even a point could be massive in our current position.

If Alfie May could please kindly injure himself (not badly - but just enough to miss Cheltenham's following game) e.g. by over celebrating however many goals he will probably get against Forest Green on Saturday, or get sent off for taking his shirt off in celebration, that would be much appreciated.

Hopefully get a draw then win our last ones if we can draw to Sheffield Wednesday we can draw to Barnsley

It's often said that there will be many twists and turns between now and the end of the season, but I'll be surprised if there are any shocks this weekend.

Portsmouth must win if they are to have any hope of making the playoffs, and after 4 back to back draws I think they will be desperately looking to gey a win in front of their own fans. Therefore I can't see Accrington getting a point.

Plymouth know that promotion and the league title and both in their hands and should fancy getting maximum points from their next 3 home games against  Cambridge, Bristol Rovers and Burton which will confirm their promotion our their own pitch. A win at Port Vale on the last game of the season will give them the title too. But a slip up could make things nervy and give Sheffield Wednesday a sniff.

Morecombe have a strange run in with potentially 3 games against teams that will be save with little to play for by the time they play. Charlton seem to be a team that either turn up or don't, but they have Port Vale and Cheltenham after this weekend and will fancy being able to have a decent end to a pretty average season for them. I think Morecombe may get a point, but no more.

Forest Green are gone, but above us MK Dons have a tricky game against Fleetwood who we know offer no guarantees. Also Fleetwood have Bolton and Ipswich after, so will likely be looking at a decent show at home before these games.

Port Vale should feel a bit safer, but losing their manager who was pretty popular with the players by all accounts, might give them little to play for. You'd fancy them to get something against Bristol Rovers, but no one is beating big on a home win.

So that just leave Oxford and one paper we're getting nothing from the game against Barnsley. But the longer we can keep a clean sheet for, the more we should grow in confidence and Barnsley will get frustrated. It won't be easy, but a hard fought point with other games going our way could still be massive.

I won't be going sadly (pre-operation Friday and operation first thing Monday morning) and have been warned by Mrs Egg not to get too angry or excited, so even Rad Ox might be banned! But one thing we learn with our Control and Restraint at work is that you can't always win instantly, sometimes it is about self protection and staying in the fight for as long as you can. This weekend is about getting the guard up and staying in the fight until we get the chance to deliver the long awaited knockout blow!

It's often said that there will be many twists and turns between now and the end of the season, but I'll be surprised if there are any shocks this weekend.

Portsmouth must win if they are to have any hope of making the playoffs, and after 4 back to back draws I think they will be desperately looking to gey a win in front of their own fans. Therefore I can't see Accrington getting a point.

Plymouth know that promotion and the league title and both in their hands and should fancy getting maximum points from their next 3 home games against  Cambridge, Bristol Rovers and Burton which will confirm their promotion our their own pitch. A win at Port Vale on the last game of the season will give them the title too. But a slip up could make things nervy and give Sheffield Wednesday a sniff.

Morecombe have a strange run in with potentially 3 games against teams that will be save with little to play for by the time they play. Charlton seem to be a team that either turn up or don't, but they have Port Vale and Cheltenham after this weekend and will fancy being able to have a decent end to a pretty average season for them. I think Morecombe may get a point, but no more.

Forest Green are gone, but above us MK Dons have a tricky game against Fleetwood who we know offer no guarantees. Also Fleetwood have Bolton and Ipswich after, so will likely be looking at a decent show at home before these games.

Port Vale should feel a bit safer, but losing their manager who was pretty popular with the players by all accounts, might give them little to play for. You'd fancy them to get something against Bristol Rovers, but no one is beating big on a home win.

So that just leave Oxford and one paper we're getting nothing from the game against Barnsley. But the longer we can keep a clean sheet for, the more we should grow in confidence and Barnsley will get frustrated. It won't be easy, but a hard fought point with other games going our way could still be massive.

I won't be going sadly (pre-operation Friday and operation first thing Monday morning) and have been warned by Mrs Egg not to get too angry or excited, so even Rad Ox might be banned! But one thing we learn with our Control and Restraint at work is that you can't always win instantly, sometimes it is about self protection and staying in the fight for as long as you can. This weekend is about getting the guard up and staying in the fight until we get the chance to deliver the long awaited knockout blow!

I think Pompey know the play offs are gone now, winning all 3 games would only get them to 74 points and that won’t be enough with 5th place Peterborough on 73 and 6th placed Bolton on 72 with 3 and 4 games left, plus Derby just outside on 72 points as well, no way are two of those 3 not getting 75 at least (plus all 3 have much better goal difference). So unfortunately Portsmouth are not in great form and the season is over for them, it’s an opportunity for Accrington and probably one they need to take, whether they are good enough is another matter.

Morecambe need to win, only two left after this one so with their points total this is already looking like a must win, so pressure on them.

So many rivals being away is in our favour though, can see very few wins from any of the bottom 7 so not much being decided but same being chalked off of everyone.

I hope all goes well for you over the weekend and Monday SE. Celebrating an unexpected and long awaited win will definitely help!

Sadly I can us losing Saturday we've been playing better but we have still only picked up 1 point from the last 6. It would be great to play crappie be lucky and get a 1-0 win. 360 tense minutes of the season to go.

I think Pompey know the play offs are gone now, winning all 3 games would only get them to 74 points and that won’t be enough with 5th place Peterborough on 73 and 6th placed Bolton on 72 with 3 and 4 games left, plus Derby just outside on 72 points as well, no way are two of those 3 not getting 75 at least (plus all 3 have much better goal difference). So unfortunately Portsmouth are not in great form and the season is over for them, it’s an opportunity for Accrington and probably one they need to take, whether they are good enough is another matter.

Morecambe need to win, only two left after this one so with their points total this is already looking like a must win, so pressure on them.

So many rivals being away is in our favour though, can see very few wins from any of the bottom 7 so not much being decided but a game being chalked off of everyone.

that elusive win under LM is coming- chances created to goals scored ratio has to change (for the better)too... why not this Saturday ? ...... 1-3 away win Joseph, Donks n Goodrham

Suddenly I feel we might win.

Good luck with the sawbones...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom