Home Match Day Thread 22/10/22 L1: OUFC v Peterborough United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if it wasn't a red card (it was, in my opinion) you don't get red cards overturned at this level. The referees and linesmen look out for each other. Remember Beano's crazy red card at Wimbledon?

Just watched the highlights and the ref couldn’t have had a better view, right in front of him about 5 yards away. Seems strange that he needed to consult with his assistant for a lengthy period of time.
Seeing that confirms my view at the time that he was just pushing away a guy who was pulling and shoving him - it's a big difference from deliberately hitting someone in the face. Anyway, I don't expect it will be overturned now.

Is there a risk that this becomes a four-match ban if it’s considered a frivolous appeal? Seem to recall that being the case previously but perhaps not now.

I really can’t see that being overturned in any case.

That is a very silly appeal. First time I've seen it and am not in the least surprised he was sent off.

Still, the truth is that Taylor wasn't really contributing much anyway at the moment (unfortunately) so it will force whoever is in charge for the next 3/4 games to do something different rather than just putting Taylor there anyway and hoping he somehow regains his form.

Is there a risk that this becomes a four-match ban if it’s considered a frivolous appeal? Seem to recall that being the case previously but perhaps not now.

I believe that to be the rule although I don't recall the last time I saw it enforced anywhere.

Sort of a no brainer for Robinson though. I doubt having Taylor available for tomorrow will make much difference to the result, but it would certainly help. So Robinson may as well lodge the appeal in the faint hope that it is overturned and Taylor helps keep him in a job.

And if the appeal gets rejected and an extra game gets added on then it's most likely the next manager's problem.

It’s just more KR ‘Poor me’ in this appeal. In any other circumstance he wouldn’t put that appeal in but now it’s an excuse he can use

Who'd be a referee or assistant?
Looking at it again both players were wrestling and Matty stupidly pushed/lashed out
His opponent immediately throws himself to the floor
But recovered as soon as Matty was sent off
No doubt the P'bro manager, staff and players were screaming for the red card which is why the melee developed
And we all know KR's reaction both at the time and afterwards
Why are referees and officials held to higher standards than players or managers?
It's complete hypocrisy
At some point this has to be addressed
There should be long bans for play acting to get a fellow player sent off
And managers should also get heavy sanctions for bad behaviour

Who'd be a referee or assistant?
Looking at it again both players were wrestling and Matty stupidly pushed/lashed out
His opponent immediately throws himself to the floor
But recovered as soon as Matty was sent off
No doubt the P'bro manager, staff and players were screaming for the red card which is why the melee developed
And we all know KR's reaction both at the time and afterwards
Why are referees and officials held to higher standards than players or managers?
It's complete hypocrisy
At some point this has to be addressed
There should be long bans for play acting to get a fellow player sent off
And managers should also get heavy sanctions for bad behaviour

He got sent of for lashing out though. Akinfenwa got sent off a couple of seasons ago against us for the exact same thing. Matty isn't a 17 year old inexperienced player , he should of known better.

I believe that to be the rule although I don't recall the last time I saw it enforced anywhere.

Sort of a no brainer for Robinson though. I doubt having Taylor available for tomorrow will make much difference to the result, but it would certainly help. So Robinson may as well lodge the appeal in the faint hope that it is overturned and Taylor helps keep him in a job.

And if the appeal gets rejected and an extra game gets added on then it's most likely the next manager's problem.
I, for one, am shocked that you think Karl Robinson would ever make a decision that might become everybody else’s problem.

That is a very silly appeal. First time I've seen it and am not in the least surprised he was sent off.

Still, the truth is that Taylor wasn't really contributing much anyway at the moment (unfortunately) so it will force whoever is in charge for the next 3/4 games to do something different rather than just putting Taylor there anyway and hoping he somehow regains his form.
Is there something you want to tell us?

I wondered the same. I’m a bit surprised that the club has actually appealed. I thought it was just a case of KR sounding off after the game and somebody might point out to him in the cold light of day that it probably isn’t a wise move.

I think reds are only overturned when there is a clear mistake by the officials. This incident could be called subjective at best.

OK having seen it again there's no universe in the world where that should be a red card. It happens at every corner in every game.

It makes me further seethe than Kent wasn't sent off too.

It's an idiotic appeal with 0% chance of being successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom