Away Match Build Up 23/04/2022 L1: Rotherham United v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think Holland deserves to be dropped - he terrorised his fullback second half once he decided to run at him. Bodin should come back in and I think Williams too, with Whyte and Sykes not doing enough to deserve to start. I’d bring back Eastwood as well as Stevens looked dodgy but I can see why you wouldn’t change a defence which got a clean sheet.

Stevens
Long McNally Moore Brown
Kane
Bodin Brannagan
Williams Taylor Holland​

Holland was one of our worst performers first half, and appeared for a good 15 minute spell in the second, but it's not enough. He shies out of tackles, is positionally poor and his final product is lacking. A better impact sub IMO. Williams/Sykes would be better/safer in that spot.

Holland was one of our worst performers first half, and appeared for a good 15 minute spell in the second, but it's not enough. He shies out of tackles, is positionally poor and his final product is lacking. A better impact sub IMO. Williams/Sykes would be better/safer in that spot.
I’d argue that Holland played better, overall, than Sykes did.

olland was one of our worst performers first half, and appeared for a good 15 minute spell in the second, but it's not enough. He shies out of tackles, is positionally poor and his final product is lacking. A better impact sub IMO. Williams/Sykes would be better/safer in that spot.

Holland was our only outlet forward in the 1st half, it didn't happen often admittedly but it was more effective than Sykes and Whyte.

I hope Marcus Nrowne gets some game time on Saturday but obviously no want him to be managed so he denies that break down again especially as there is still a chance of the play offs.

I'd go Bodin for Whyte.
I think Gav's just struggling for confidence at the minute. He's been that way in front of goal all season, but now it seems to be creeping into his general passing and decision making. He was pretty poor against MKD.

Otherwise, I'd probably keep everyone else the same. I can see the argument for Williams for Holland. But even if Williams is more consistent, I think Holland is more likely to be a match winner, and that's what we need right now.

Last away game of the season (except maybe 1 play-off semi-final :) and then hopefully a trip to Wembley).
Not going to be easy, Rotherham have to fight off MK Dons for the second auto promotion spot.
And we must win to keep up our challenge for a play-off place.
Going to be tight. But I have faith the thelads will do us proud and collect another 3 points to scare the pants off of the Pilgrims en Whycome.

Last 2 games I've voted an OUFC win so why change my pre ritual. I don't care how we win even if a shot comes off Matty Taylors a**e I will take it, let's take this race to the last game of the season!

Just hope we take the game to them, Watching the game on tv v Ipswich Saturday was bored to death, they are everything we struggle against long ball and physical.

Simple for me start with the same team that started Tuesday I think that team also started last Friday so it's good to have abit of continuity and then bring bodin and brown on to finish the job if needed and if we are winning but need abit of energy then bring Williams on
EDIT I just checked and bodin started the Fleetwood game instead of Whyte so maybe start bodin in the only change from Tuesday

Last edited:
Same starting team, with an increased tempo.
Rotherham do play football which may/will/probably suit us better.
Keep the options for change on the bench, we could be looking at a longer season by 5pm.....................

Oh god.... its that flame of hope again...... :ROFLMAO:

Bodin needs to play centrally I think, he’s not got the pace to play out wide, so I don’t think it’s as simple as replacing Whyte or Holland with him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom