23/08/22 - Carabao Cup: OUFC v Crystal Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shout out for Mous.

Another MOTM performance from him, according to the OM.

Yet again he proves how, even at 35, he’s still quality.

Given how unimpressed I’ve been with Moore and Findlay so far this season, I’d be seriously considering playing Mous a lot more this season, his experience and quality is invaluable, and whenever he’s played in the last couple of seasons, he’s been MOTM.

Plenty of teams still have 35 year olds playing at CB, and people say about the youngsters, “if you’re good enough, you’re old enough” well I think if you’re good enough, you’re young enough as well!

Well done Mous👏

Shout out for Mous.

Given how unimpressed I’ve been with Moore and Findlay so far this season, I’d be seriously considering playing Mous a lot more this season, his experience and quality is invaluable, and whenever he’s played in the last couple of seasons, he’s been MOTM.

Plenty of teams still have 35 year olds playing at CB, and people say about the youngsters, “if you’re good enough, you’re old enough” well I think if you’re good enough, you’re young enough as well!

Well done Mous👏
You can thank the Australian Yellows for sponsoring his shirt this season :)

Shout out for Mous.

Well done Mous👏
Thought he also made a big difference as captain. Far more commanding and vocal than Moore, and organised the back line and midfield very well. For a young lad like JJ it's really beneficial to have someone like that behind him in his ear. As coach Mous could stand at the sideline and bark out the same instructions, but I just think you read the game slightly differently and get a fuller picture when you are in the game yourself.

Mous got done for the first goal - outsprinted by a top young striker - but I thought he was very good overall. He's not the comedy last resort that some portray but I don't know if he's fit enough to play more regularly.

If we went 5-3-2 more often I think it would help Moore and Findlay if mous was in between ( Moore mous Findlay) he's getting on but he's obviously still more than capable it's also good for the younger lads to have someone who's been there done it

Mousweepinho

You’re joking?
It was the first time I've seen McGinty play and I thought Palace must have been kicking themselves for not being two or three up in the first 15 minutes. Like Napoleon(??) said about one of his generals "I don't care if he's any good, but his he lucky?" and McGinty certainly seemed that. To be fair he did settle down a bit later on, but I can't help thinking that matches with him in goal might be quite "entertaining"!

There was a rumour going around the stadium after the match, that an Oxford fan had been stabbed by the bus stop outside the stadium.

i can’t find anything in the media, which makes me think it isn’t true, but there were ambulances and police rushing to the scene.

Can anyone on here shed some light on this?

There was a rumour going around the stadium after the match, that an Oxford fan had been stabbed by the bus stop outside the stadium.

i can’t find anything in the media, which makes me think it isn’t true, but there were ambulances and police rushing to the scene.

I didn't get out of the car park until after half ten and no sign of anything by the bus stops then. I would have thought for something that serious there would have been plenty of OB still around possibly even shut the road. My guess is it's just a rumour.

there's been a few posts speculating about a or several post-match incidents on social media..... though nothing as yet ( that Ive noticed) with any substance

there was a TVP riot van parked up outside the 'bird pre-match and post-match

I was on my way home fairly quickly after the game , I didn't see any 'incidents' or even any potential pavement dancing looking likely-
not to say there wasn't any

I didn't get out of the car park until after half ten and no sign of anything by the bus stops then. I would have thought for something that serious there would have been plenty of OB still around possibly even shut the road. My guess is it's just a rumour.
I was by Bailey Farr’s burger van, and there were 2 ambulances, and plenty of police, plus the police put up a drone overhead.

John Mousinho doing his best Hannibal Lecter impersonation.

Fa4azkbXEAA1DKQ

Am I the only one who thinks it's a little unfair that we expect league 1 goalkeepers to ping it about like Pirlo or Beckham?
I really don’t expect that and I’ve said it before, they’re wearing big foamy rubber gloves for a reason; they are not able to play the ball like an outfield player. At any level. Look at Johnstone last night, plenty of balls kicked straight out of play. Occasionally you’ll see Pickford, Becker or de Gea ping a defence splitting ball that might lead to a goal but on the whole my expectations are quite simple, keep the ball in play and more often than not find one of our players!

There were police walking round the back car park as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom