Home Match Day Thread 04/05/2024: L1 Play-Off SF 1st Leg - OUFC vs Peterborough

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was nervous towards the end, i dont think the subs made any difference today. Pleased with the result all the same.

It was frustrating to watch us sit back after we scored.. but I get it, we can now play counter attack football on Wednesday which is a huge advantage

• React
Reactions: UTM
Elliott Moore just said it was pretty easy! Didn't seem like that to me.

I felt like that watching at home, but can imagine it felt different if you were in the stadium. We defended so well, the front five were incredible closing down space and forcing pompey to play where we wanted them, and bar a couple of half chances we restricted the best attacking side in the league to pretty much nothing.

Glad Mous gave us credit for it, even if the rest of the Sky Sports mob seemed intent on talking about how great pompey have been this season.

Thought we were absolutely excellent tonight, soaked up the pressure with minimum fuss, and, never really looked troubled.

Great to have a lead going in to Wednesdayโ€™s 2nd leg. Pity we couldnโ€™t get a second, as that would have given us a nice cushion. As others have said, we are a decent counter attacking team, so with Posh having to come at us from the start or as the game goes on, we have every chance of getting something. I felt a bit disappointed after the Moore goal, as we went in to our shell, and sat back a bit, and as Peterborough got more of the ball, they were looking quite dangerous. Despite that I think the result was the right result.

Thought the atmosphere could of been better in the first half, no doubt it went up a few decibels once we scored.

Well done to the lads and Des. We are in the driving seat, unlike the Blackpool playoff game we had a few seasons ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom