Home Match Build Up 04/05/2024: L1 Play-Off SF 1st Leg - OUFC vs Peterborough

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems that all 4 play off games attendance revenue is pooled togeather and shared between all 4 teams, once vat, costs and 50 per cent efl charge. Crap arrangement financially really. At least its a better option for us with my estimates, 11k at ours, 13k at Borough, maybe 15k at barnsley and 25k at Bolton. 65k minus costs and halved must leave around 28k divided by 4. Leaving 7k each, if imagine between 100k and 150k.

To get back to the match I thought TG was excellent in the first half against Exeter but tailed off a bit in the second. Im assuming Des will start with the same starting eleven and I would love Tyler to do one of his specials they have dried up a bit recently but Im sure they are still in the locker.

1 adult ticket available in North stand for Saturday, has been put on to a phone but still have the email so should still work for someone else I think. Row U

Pboro topping the league in terms of both possession and goal scoring is pretty scary!

They must have had a major off day at our place. Hopefully damaged their confidence
Ourselves and Peterborough's games over the season average 3 goals a match and both teams are better going forward than defending, which should mean pretty open contests.

The possession stat means little if you think about the 70% they had against us last time out!

I find it really interesting that 3 of the playoff teams were there this time last year
Barnsley
Bolton
Peterborough

And if one team feels hard done by it must be the Posh who won the first leg with Sheffield Weds 4-0 only to lose second leg 5-1 and then go out on pens.

Peterborough will not forget that, this will be a very tough game.

Could be all three will miss out on promotion again,here’s hoping

Pboro topping the league in terms of both possession and goal scoring is pretty scary!

They must have had a major off day at our place. Hopefully damaged their confidence
They beat us in terms of possession that day also. 30% to their 70%

George on the Dub reckons that on their day they are the best team in the division. The problem is consistency.

I find it really interesting that 3 of the playoff teams were there this time last year
Barnsley
Bolton
Peterborough

And if one team feels hard done by it must be the Posh who won the first leg with Sheffield Weds 4-0 only to lose second leg 5-1 and then go out on pens.

Peterborough will not forget that, this will be a very tough game.

Could be all three will miss out on promotion again,here’s hoping
My best mate is a Wednesday fan and was at the return leg. I have a photo of him on the pitch at the end crying like a baby.

George on the Dub reckons that on their day they are the best team in the division. The problem is consistency.
The stats back up that he might be correct, we have shown we are very consistent too. I do think if we win on Saturday I back us.

I think the pace in our team suits teams needing to attack us, and I think we can seriously hurt teams on the break (particularly Murphy and Harris). I think it was also mentioned on the Dub when we set out to defend we look weak but on the front foot we look good.

Maybe it is all just a bit of a lottery. Just got to hope the football gods are with us and the narrow margins go our way.

Is Goodwin back in training?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom