Away Match Build Up 06/04/2024: L1 Burton Albion v OUFC

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
REF WATCH

F3zf0BBWIAAkUDR

Bedfordshire referee Will Finnie is in charge at the Pirelli this Saturday. Finnie was excellent on Tuesday night when refereeing the Portsmouth v Derby
Clash. This season Finnie has been the man in the middle for 34 matches issuing 112 yellow cards and seven reds.
His last Oxford Utd match was the 2-3 loss at home to Derby on December 29th.

The Luton based official also oversaw the 3-0 away win at Fleetwood last September.

PLAYED FOR BOTH

GFCzHIfW8AAZG0r

Includes Max Crocombe, Steve Seddon (Currently on loan at the Pirelli and surely won’t play) John Mousinho, Alex MacDonald,
Ryan Taylor, Sean Clare, Sam Winnall, Phil Edwards, Bobby McDonald, Adam Murray, Kane Hemmings and several others.

I had completely forgotten Seddon was still our player, assuming his contract is over at the end of the season though he won't be for very much longer.

I think it'll be the same side as Saturday. I liked Goodrham and Rodrigues together, and thought they were really effective in driving us forward and creating chances.

But this Saturday will be the last game for a while where you don't really have to consider the freshness of the squad in the team selection, so I think it'll be what Des considers his strongest possible side.

Be surprised if this is on if we get the weather forecast and the state their pitch has been in recently.

I do wonder what’s happening with Marcus McGuane. I know he seemed out of form in the weeks before he was dropped but he was superb at the start of the season. Has he been left out for a rest to get him reenergised for the last few games?

Whilst we may get away with 1 real centre mid in Cam Bran against the likes of Fleetwood, surely at least one of the other central midfield positions needs filling with a proper midfielder for tougher games. Playing Cam plus 2 number 10s, or a number 10 and old school inside forward will surely be too open for games like Posh, Stevenage and Lincoln.

I’m not sure Josh McE is the answer so I wonder if we’ll see Marcus back tomorrow, get him a few minutes before he’s really needed against Posh etc?

They`ve just posted this.................

All tickets for the U's away trip to Burton Albion are physical tickets. Some supporters received an email encouraging them to download their ticket to their Apple or Google Wallet. This is incorrect.
If you have not received your ticket(s) they will need to be collected from the Kassam Stadium Ticket Office prior to 12pm on Friday 5th April or from the Burton Albion collection point, located in the South Stand, on the matchday.

Yellows forum "the game will be off" has started I see, bit of rain in April and an 18 degree day, old people and weather :ROFLMAO:.

Might have more to do with A: The state of Burtons pitch already B: The somewhat persistent rain we`ve had "Up North".

Can`t have those players getting the kit dirty like the old days. ;)

Might have more to do with A: The state of Burtons pitch already B: The somewhat persistent rain we`ve had "Up North".

Can`t have those players getting the kit dirty like the old days. ;)

Β£10 quid charity bet it is on? You can choose the charity.

Is Burton up north? Midlands to me, some people seem to leave the poor old midlands out of this countries geographical divides but in honour of Central TV back in the day and the fact we were included on it so got the odd live game on the TV I refuse to do it. South Midlands and proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom