Home Match Build Up 11/03/2023 L1: OUFC v Derby County

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Encouraging signs from Lincoln (to a degree!) With more work during the week and, please, a change of formation, the boys might just do it. Chuck in a new manager/head coach and the fact that we, well, used to play better against the better sides and, we might just pull off a win.
(I'm not putting money on that though!)

A draw would be a very good result
Stop the rot and get some confidence before 2 huge games.
Derby are having abit of a blip (last 6 games W2, D2, L2)
A win would be a huge step to staying up (would probably then need around 8 points from 10 games)

Have Derby ever played us at the Kasstad competitively? Can’t say I remember if they did.

Derby lost. Long journey back for them now and probably won't get back until 2/3am. Hopefully a massive dumping of snow up there will disrupt their training for the rest of the week and a new manager for us will see a fervent and partisan atmosphere. 🤞

Agreed.

Paul Warne is hugely impressive. He’s a qualified teacher, fitness fanatic and an all round good guy.

Until the equaliser I thought Derby were the better team. Good value for their half time lead. They were pressing high up the pitch and looked very athletic and full of intensity. We should expect a hard game against a team that wants to get in our faces. They can play a bit, but they aren’t a tippy-tappy bunch of swashbucklers.

We will need to compete physically and earn the right to play on Saturday.

Until the equaliser I thought Derby were the better team. Good value for their half time lead. They were pressing high up the pitch and looked very athletic and full of intensity. We should expect a hard game against a team that wants to get in our faces. They can play a bit, but they aren’t a tippy-tappy bunch of swashbucklers.

We will need to compete physically and earn the right to play on Saturday.
You were scouting them ahead of taking charge of us on Saturday? (With @bazzer9461 obvs).

I think we might just get a draw.
I’d go with:
Eastwood
Long Moore Brown
Tyler McGuane Brannagan Fleming
Bate Henry
Joseph
You have the width but also will be able to break their line of midfield by playing through ‘the box’ through the middle.

Last edited:
Hopefully Derby will have a few tired legs and minds going into the game after playing last night. They ship quite a few goals on the road so there’s no reason why we can’t get at least one. The mood in the ground should be more upbeat especially if we get a manager in before the game.

Although they are clinging on to the last playoff place despite a month ago looking good for the autos, this will still be an exceptionally difficult tie. McGoldrick will be very hard to handle and he’s backed by quite an experienced and decent midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom