• Sub: Joseph

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Sub: Wildschut

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bate has been a shadow of himself in recent games actually. Probably could do with a rest even if not injured. Decent player, but he's young, and maybe has just had too many games in a row.
After getting a lot of attention following his string of MotM performances, teams have crowded him out, Lincoln doubled up on him and yesterday again he couldn’t turn and create like he has been doing. He’s a threat, and teams have worked this out.

Browne infuriated me with his lethargy for the third goal. I would’ve dragged him off instantly. He’s got form for it. It wasn’t the first time in the game yesterday and the Wycombe game at Wembley also springs to mind.

We haven’t got time for passengers anymore. It’s not like he did a huge amount of positives in the game anyway. The amount of times he was in a good position to put a decent cross in and just hit the first defender with it. Sorry if I’m being hash but we need players fighting for the jersey now. Not sure who else we have though? Wildschut I guess

Agree about Browne on the third goal, he was culpable as anyone for that goal.

However we do need a fit, and interested Marcus Browne to help us get out of this mess.

Liam’s certainly got his work cut out.

Body language atrocious after each of their goals.

We have decent quality in the squad but I saw only 3 fighters on the pitch today. Long, Brown and Brannagan. That’s got to be a problem, whoever sits in the dug out. We are not built for a relegation fight.

We were out muscled in midfield too, like we are every week, allthough Smyth actually showed some promise. I’d start him next week.

Derby bog average, they had what 4 shots and scored 3. It’s such a poor league this season, which makes our shocking run even more galling. All Eastwood seems to do is pick the ball out of the net. He needs a rest, he simply doesn’t create any sense of confidence.

Good luck Liam Manning , you’re going to need it.
Agree with lots of that and I was surprised by some comments on Radio Oxford last night, Ollies for a start we were better than he made out.

My first game yesterday since Arsenal so I was a bit surprised at the level of apathy still in the stands. (I can certainly understand this with the appointment and thd boards communication but we need to park this for now)

I'd echo despite Smith's bad miss he certainly added a bit of bite to our midfield when he came on and O'Donkor showed more hold up play, threat and physicality than any of our strikers have shown this season in his 77 odd mins.

Derby by the way were bang average make no mistake and a half decent side would of smelled blood.

Despite our confidence being shot to pieces we still should have got something from the game (check out the stats for the game if you don't believe me)

There was certainly enough for our new management team to get stuck into next week in terms of ability but quite a few players need an arm around them to remind them how good they are (Cam, Mcguane for starters and possibly push Marcus further fwd) and some need a kick up the a**e, namely the likes of Marcus Browne (started well) who's return is pitiful and attitude when things start to go wrong is very poor, pull your finger out son and stop giving away silly free kicks when tracking back, you need to stop showing so much of the ball when attacking, yes I understand you play on the edge and you've had some poor injuries but our club is paying you a decent wage so come on we're in a Relegation scrap. Switch on for 90 minutes!! I rate you as a player but your not kidding me in terms of 90 mins effort.

I'd like to think the new management team will start with shape next week and discipline and start from there.

Another point I'm going to stay away from a few keyboard warriors on here this week, I'm ready for the fight over the next month or so and I'll try and get to Morecombe on Saturday.

COYY!

Browne infuriated me with his lethargy for the third goal. I would’ve dragged him off instantly. He’s got form for it. It wasn’t the first time in the game yesterday and the Wycombe game at Wembley also springs to mind.

We haven’t got time for passengers anymore. It’s not like he did a huge amount of positives in the game anyway. The amount of times he was in a good position to put a decent cross in and just hit the first defender with it. Sorry if I’m being hash but we need players fighting for the jersey now. Not sure who else we have though? Wildschut I guess
💯 I didn’t want to be too negative about him but there were many times even just yesterday where inside I‘m screaming about his lack of effort whilst watching Derby payers busting a gut. He has the ability to be the best player on the team but the work rate and effort of the worst. It’s criminal really because anyone can try hard even those of us in Sunday morning pub teams with little ability.
Our crossing is as poor as I’ve seen. It also creates a culture where players don’t make the effort to get into the box because they know it’s not worth it.

Body language atrocious after each of their goals.

We have decent quality in the squad but I saw only 3 fighters on the pitch today. Long, Brown and Brannagan. That’s got to be a problem, whoever sits in the dug out. We are not built for a relegation fight.

We were out muscled in midfield too, like we are every week, allthough Smyth actually showed some promise. I’d start him next week.

Derby bog average, they had what 4 shots and scored 3. It’s such a poor league this season, which makes our shocking run even more galling. All Eastwood seems to do is pick the ball out of the net. He needs a rest, he simply doesn’t create any sense of confidence.

Good luck Liam Manning , you’re going to need it.
I noticed that too.

Funny their right back gave away a throw in when he had an easy pass on and two players went mental at him. We pass the ball directly to the opposition and nobody says a word.

I was impressed with Smyth carry on like that and he’s essential!

💯 I didn’t want to be too negative about him but there were many times even just yesterday where inside I‘m screaming about his lack of effort whilst watching Derby payers busting a gut. He has the ability to be the best player on the team but the work rate and effort of the worst. It’s criminal really because anyone can try hard even those of us in Sunday morning pub teams with little ability.
Our crossing is as poor as I’ve seen. It also creates a culture where players don’t make the effort to get into the box because they know it’s not worth it.
One of the reasons I was encouraged by Smyth’s overall performance was because he didn’t shrink. He constantly showed for the ball and wanted the pass, moved into space and pushed other people on. He looked to move the team up the pitch. Played several one-two’s with Long that forced him to go forward, and there were a couple of times when he laid the ball off to a centre back but made a point of pushing it several yards ahead of them. He took the option for them to check back away from them and basically went, “You’re going to stride forward onto that ball and you’re going to be brave.”

Compare that to a player like McGuane, who always plays the ball either directly to feet or ever so slightly behind people, which either forces or encourages them not to move up the pitch, and you see the difference. Smyth has got a bit about him and even when he makes mistakes he keeps going and has belief in what he’s trying to do. We are going to need players like that, because otherwise we are going to autopilot straight out of the division.

I don't think you understand how billionaires think.

But if you're right then I have no doubt that we will soon see an announcement limiting free speech in the Kassam and banning hundreds if not thousands of paying punters.

If we don't, you can probably assume it's a bad idea.
Don’t invite Gary Linekar 😬

One of the reasons I was encouraged by Smyth’s overall performance was because he didn’t shrink. He constantly showed for the ball and wanted the pass, moved into space and pushed other people on. He looked to move the team up the pitch. Played several one-two’s with Long that forced him to go forward, and there were a couple of times when he laid the ball off to a centre back but made a point of pushing it several yards ahead of them. He took the option for them to check back away from them and basically went, “You’re going to stride forward onto that ball and you’re going to be brave.”

Compare that to a player like McGuane, who always plays the ball either directly to feet or ever so slightly behind people, which either forces or encourages them not to move up the pitch, and you see the difference. Smyth has got a bit about him and even when he makes mistakes he keeps going and has belief in what he’s trying to do. We are going to need players like that, because otherwise we are going to autopilot straight out of the division.
Smyth has already shown he’s got balls by not shrinking back after the way he’s been treated. To still be here and prepared to man up when the temptation might have been to chuck it all in and head back home shows he has just what we need. To play the way he did with so little minutes showed guts but it was interesting that his team mates showed the trust in him. They certainly didn’t shy away from entrusting him with the ball. They must have seen plenty in training - Short as well - that, for some mysterious reason, KR couldn’t…

Smyth has already shown he’s got balls by not shrinking back after the way he’s been treated. To still be here and prepared to man up when the temptation might have been to chuck it all in and head back home shows he has just what we need. To play the way he did with so little minutes showed guts but it was interesting that his team mates showed the trust in him. They certainly didn’t shy away from entrusting him with the ball. They must have seen plenty in training - Short as well - that, for some mysterious reason, KR couldn’t…

Robinson bent over backwards to get Murphy into the side, and yet made every effort not to give Smyth a chance, even pulling a loan at the last minute.

Why would that be I wonder?

With the rare crosses we did get in the only target seemed to be Tyler of all people.

I don't think I've ever seen a player who doesn't utilise their attributes effectively as much as him. He should be pressing defences with his pace and strength as well as running the wing up and down, supporting Brown and the rest of the defence. Instead he has a couple of glimmers each game and it usually comes to nothing and for the rest he's just making up the numbers.

I always felt we could never find an adequate role for him but considering he's been all over the park in the last few years, I just don't think he is a good enough player in any position, certainly nowhere near the basic levels of consistency expected.

Ò
I’d say we usually make a decent initial clearance, but too often don’t win the 2nd or 3rd ball as it bounces round, the opposition recycle it quickly and we’re all out of position.

Not helped by the non replacement of Gorrin since November 2021.
Initial clearance is not good, we totally lack the ability to put our foot through the ball and really clearing it. I'm not saying that should be done every time but when needs must.

I do agree with his point though, that everything seems a bit lackadaisical with little attention to detail and has been for a while.

Just can't believe how KR was allowed to destroy the team like he did and send players out on loan while others like TW and Co let this happen around them and then to agree the loans is utter shambolic TW needs to go if we go down as it feels he was scared of Robbo may be wrong but I don't think I am. Manning I feel sorry for YES the proformances are getting better no end product he has got his work cut out but is it mission impossible ????

Lots of emotions from yesterday
GOD has loads of potential but it’s not fair him starting, his first touch let him down a few times and he should have scored perhaps but he’s young, he’s a strong player and perhaps he should have someone next to him to feed off of him
Browne is frustrating some good runs but not ready to run for the team the third goal is a perfect example
Long had yet another up and down game
Findlay another who did the odd thing well but at other times was poor
Anderson was poor today
Bate was poor
But both these often had 2 up against them
Smith did well the sitter apart but he’s a defensive midfielder and was positioned further up the pitch than say Cam
It was a huge match to introduce him
We allowed too many crosses into our box
When we finally managed to get crosses into the box Tyler was the only one there
He was a bright spark
Henry (who I have slated) played well
Although generally a negative post, because we have again come away with no points, I actually think we could have come away with one point, poor poor finishing yet again
Next weeks game is a must win and I think if we play like we did today we will/ should come away with 3 points
🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞 then with confidence we move on under Liam

Yep, 1988 to 1989, our third but last season in the top flight. We sold Ray Houghton to Liverpool in the November and we didn't win a game in the League for the rest of the season. In short, we've got some way to go to match that.
So this is our worst run of form since 1989? I can't pretend I'm hopeful of survival.

With the rare crosses we did get in the only target seemed to be Tyler of all people.
Wildschut put in two good crosses to the back stick only for the defender to clear under very little pressure, not Tyler's fault at least he's getting in there. But a taller more physical player would have had a good chance to get on the end of it. Sam Long for instance would have got on the end of both . A season or so ago he would have been joining in those attacks when we needed a goal.

Lots of emotions from yesterday
GOD has loads of potential but it’s not fair him starting, his first touch let him down a few times and he should have scored perhaps but he’s young, he’s a strong player and perhaps he should have someone next to him to feed off of him
Browne is frustrating some good runs but not ready to run for the team the third goal is a perfect example
Long had yet another up and down game
Findlay another who did the odd thing well but at other times was poor
Anderson was poor today
Bate was poor
But both these often had 2 up against them
Smith did well the sitter apart but he’s a defensive midfielder and was positioned further up the pitch than say Cam
It was a huge match to introduce him
We allowed too many crosses into our box
When we finally managed to get crosses into the box Tyler was the only one there
He was a bright spark
Henry (who I have slated) played well
Although generally a negative post, because we have again come away with no points, I actually think we could have come away with one point, poor poor finishing yet again
Next weeks game is a must win and I think if we play like we did today we will/ should come away with 3 points
🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞 then with confidence we move on under Liam
Morecombe have have only lost 1 of their last 8 home games with 5 wins. Getting 3 points there will need a better performance than yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom