Not open for further replies.
I think we might just get a draw.
I’d go with:
Eastwood
Long Moore Brown
Tyler McGuane Brannagan Fleming
Bate Henry
Joseph Smith
You have the width but also will be able to break their line of midfield by playing through ‘the box’ through the middle.
Yep, even I’d give us half a chance with 12 players on the pitch 🙏👍

Good manager its going to be tough even if we have a new manager in. Strong side just can't see anything different then us getting closer to the bottom 4.Sadly a defeat 3-1 .It's just so depressing 😞

I think we might just get a draw.
I’d go with:
Eastwood
Long Moore Brown
Tyler McGuane Brannagan Fleming
Bate Henry
Joseph Smith
You have the width but also will be able to break their line of midfield by playing through ‘the box’ through the middle.
We should do well with 12 players.

In 2000-2001 the U’s went TEN games without a win stretching from mid January to March 24th 2001. 3 draws and seven defeats.

The U’s then beat Rotherham 4-3 at the Manor - a Millers team containing one Paul Warne.

In 2000-2001 the U’s went TEN games without a win stretching from mid January to March 24th 2001. 3 draws and seven defeats.

The U’s then beat Rotherham 4-3 at the Manor - a Millers team containing one Paul Warne.

Yes and then we got relegated.

That was the worst Oxford side of all time. The run you talk about was the second time that season that we went nine games without a win (from Sept 23rd to Nov 4th 2000, we also went LLLLDLLLL)

However bad this season has been - and at times it has been very, very bad - it is not in the same ballpark as that season. Watching McGuckin, Jarman, Anthrobus, Tait, Fear, Hatswell, Robertson et al. waddling around the pitch getting destroyed every week was truly rock bottom.

I think Warne will be giving them both barrels. Gunna be a tough game.

That was the worst Oxford side of all time. The run you talk about was the second time that season that we went nine games without a win (from Sept 23rd to Nov 4th 2000, we also went LLLLDLLLL)

However bad this season has been - and at times it has been very, very bad - it is not in the same ballpark as that season. Watching McGuckin, Jarman, Anthrobus, Tait, Fear, Hatswell, Robertson et al. waddling around the pitch getting destroyed every week was truly rock bottom.
Haha! Agree. I've watched a lot of football over the years, and I can honestly say that not only was that the worst Oxford team I've ever seen, but I've never seen a worse team in the Football League. Led by the awful, awful David Kemp (he made KR look like Guardiola), it was a weekly clusterf*** of epic proportions. That team was even more useless than the bunch of 'honest lads' that Patto was guiding towards Conference South. Special mention to Jarman and McGuckin. Definitely the slowest centre back 'pairing' I have ever seen at any level of professional football anywhere. This season is bad, but nothing like the depths we sank to back then.

I don't think this one will even be close. I'll go for 1-4.

The Morecambe game is mahoosive.

I don't think this one will even be close. I'll go for 1-4.

The Morecambe game is mahoosive.
Disagree, Derby are not in good form currently and are feeling the pressure and rocking. They had a long trip to Plymouth and lost on Tuesday and today uts forecast for very heavy snow in Derby which will disrupt their training.

We've had a week off and we're just about to be galvanised by a new manager anda large partisan home crowd, it's a good time to play them!

We are absolutely awful though , yes a New manager will get something more out of the side but Derby are excellent and we just lost 0-3 to Bristol Rovers at home who are bang average.
Would snap your hand off for a point.
Whoever will be manager massive job ahead of them.

That team was obviously worse, it would of probably struggled two divisions down in the conference it was that bad, but I suppose one difference is that it was pretty much put together on a shoestring budget, this one has cost us a fortune (relatively speaking) and could well end up with same result, relegation, at the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom