Tickets 1350 Peterborough Away Ticket Allocation

Are you being deliberately perverse?
I wasn’t referring to those of us who live in/near Oxford; I was admiring those who travel long distances from the north (and even abroad). I’m not suggesting we “punish” anybody.

Are you?

Why would you reward someone because they live in the north? Where do you draw the line? I don't think its got anything to do with the club where fans live, thats a bit mental.

Everyone will have a reason why they think they deserve a ticket over another. You could have someone who has not missed a game in 10 years but misses a single game through illness who misses out over someone watching for their first seaaon.

Those that get a ticket would think it's fair whilst others would disagree.
Yes but the point (excuse the pun) is that it's fairer than it is now, while it will never be perfect. As you have pointed out, fewer people than now will feel hard done by.

Without a point based system you're effectively relying on the individual 'fairness' of the fans.

I haven't been to as many away games this season as I have previously (I used to do all of them). I've certainly done less than other fans. Because of that, I didn't even try to get tickets for this game. As much as I'd have liked to go, I didn't feel I deserved them as much as someone who spent 12 hours travelling to Carlisle while I sat in front of a nice fire with beer in hand!

Obviously not everyone will have this philosophy though. I'd be interested to know how many have done a handful of games and got tickets over those who have done most of them.

I don't see why people have a problem with those who did exactly what they were entitled to do and tried to buy a ticket for an away game when they are a season ticket holder, regardless of how many games they have attended away? For one thing how are they supposed to know if people who have been to more games than them have got a ticket so its ok for them to try? Also, they were entitled to under the rules of the expensive season ticket they bought, they paid for that privilege.

Peterborough seem to have a priority points system that works! They also had tickets available at much cheaper costs as the club wanted to acknowledge the fans support!

I don't see why people have a problem with those who did exactly what they were entitled to do and tried to buy a ticket for an away game when they are a season ticket holder, regardless of how many games they have attended away? For one thing how are they supposed to know if people who have been to more games than them have got a ticket so its ok for them to try? Also, they were entitled to under the rules of the expensive season ticket they bought, they paid for that privilege.
I never said I have a 'problem' with them, I just explained why even though I had every right to purchase a ticket I chose not to.

The people who do have a problem with it probably do so because they feel like their loyalty has been betrayed. They've spent days and probably thousands of pounds travelling the length of the country to support the club, only to miss out to someone who maybe did that once all season and has suddenly decided they're now interested in away games because it's the play-offs.

I can see both sides, my point was just without a points system this will always be an issue.

As a season ticket holder who usually attends 10-15 away matches a season, it goes without saying that I am disappointed I didn't get a ticket. At the same time, I accept that there was a chance I would miss out given the level of demand and limited allocation. (this is the first time I can ever remember not being able to get a ticket to a match that i wanted to attend, mind)

That said, what I find particularly frustrating is that there was quite clearly an error with the ticketing system. Me and my Dad both tried (our fan accounts have been linked for years) and both received the same error message almost immediately. It does seem that it was entirely random who got through and who didn't, whereas the system should be capable of putting people in a queue. Yes, there would have been a lot of people trying to get through at the same time, but how do other platforms manage when there's literally hundreds of thousands of people attempting to get tickets to certain events?

I have to say I think a points based system is the way to go in future. That may mean on occasion I lose out to someone who attends every match home and away, but that's fine to me as it would feel 'fair'.

Peterborough seem to have a priority points system that works! They also had tickets available at much cheaper costs as the club wanted to acknowledge the fans support!

Posh don't pay the best part of a million quid a year to a parasite former owner though, do they?

I am delighted that our club didn't reduce ticket prices. £6,000,000 losses for the year and a guaranteed sell out at full ticket price. Reducing ticket prices would have been commercial suicide.

I think the club should bring in a points system to make it fair but agree with you. This year's rules are this year's rules. I tried, having only been to three away games, but failed to get any. I had no idea who else was trying.

Let’s hope that people are able to control themselves then if there are a “barrage of complaints”, as you’ve suggested.

Gem and her team on the ‘front line’ in the ticket office, are not responsible for the ticketing system that Senior Management choose to use. People would do well to remember that if they start delivering barage loads of complaints to them today.

Perhaps those people would be better placed emailing Adam Benson? He is the commercial dogs dick, after all.
You might have missed my point here. I have a lot of time for the ticket office staff. They have been extraordinary helpful to myself and Mrs L. ( a slab of lardy cake was a small token of gratitude!)
We would not want anyone to give them any grief. But, all the same, I would expect some very disappointed fans on the phones this morning. My own frustration was, partialy, drowned in a bottle of red along with Mrs L. Didn't stop her tears at missing another big game though.
The frustration was born out of the catastrophic nature of the ticketing system with all the elements of "'puter says no" syndrome. At least, once upon a time, standing in a queue outside the ticket office would have made sense. A visible indication of one's chances of getting a ticket. I might not be the worlds expert on computing but even I can sense something wrong with the current set up.

You might have missed my point here. I have a lot of time for the ticket office staff. They have been extraordinary helpful to myself and Mrs L. ( a slab of lardy cake was a small token of gratitude!)
We would not want anyone to give them any grief. But, all the same, I would expect some very disappointed fans on the phones this morning. My own frustration was, partialy, drowned in a bottle of red along with Mrs L. Didn't stop her tears at missing another big game though.
The frustration was born out of the catastrophic nature of the ticketing system with all the elements of "'puter says no" syndrome. At least, once upon a time, standing in a queue outside the ticket office would have made sense. A visible indication of one's chances of getting a ticket. I might not be the worlds expert on computing but even I can sense something wrong with the current set up.

I do love a slab of lardy cake! It's a top tier sweet treat.

I'm sure your points are valid, but my point stands that it will not be the front line ticket office staff that will be able to appease you or other disappointed supporters. Angst and frustration should be aimed at those that can influence change, for example Adam Benson.

Don't they have one because they have been in the championship recently? Lets be honest its not been necessary for a club that haven't played in the top two tiers for 25 years, this game just proved that it may be necessary in the future.

As said above we lost £6 million last year, we kept prices exactly the same as through the season, whining for no reason on that.

Posh don't pay the best part of a million quid a year to a parasite former owner though, do they?

I am delighted that our club didn't reduce ticket prices. £6,000,000 losses for the year and a guaranteed sell out at full ticket price. Reducing ticket prices would have been commercial suicide.
My comment was about the club considering their fans e.g. points system, plus not increasing the costs etc. I was happy to pay £32 for my home ticket.

May be the club shouldn’t offer the early bird pricing for next season’s season tickets! to help close the debt and save the billionaire owners further outlay?

It's well worth remembering Peterborough have been in the Championship for a few seasons in recent memory and may well have introduced a points system upon going up because their fans had the same issue...

We've not encountered this before, and if the club has no idea who exactly rocked up to Wigan away last minute on a Tuesday night I'm not sure it can start trying to create a hierarchy in a few days for one game...

My comment was about the club considering their fans e.g. points system, plus not increasing the costs etc. I was happy to pay £32 for my home ticket.

May be the club shouldn’t offer the early bird pricing for next season’s season tickets! to help close the debt and save the billionaire owners further outlay?

But the early bird is a business decision that they obviously feels pays off financially in the long run, loads of clubs do it so they must agree. No business sense in dropping the prices for a sell out game.

I listen to every game on ifollow as based in Kent so wouldn't even consider an evening trip to matches but am a member so will certainly be going to Wembley if we do. Dont consider myself a lesser fan just a virtual one! The away allocation very small like Leyton O which I lost out on-nevertheless good luck to all.
I also lost out on Leyton Orient because I hadn’t seen that tickets had gone on sale. But I managed to get a seat in one of the home areas without too much trouble.

It's well worth remembering Peterborough have been in the Championship for a few seasons in recent memory and may well have introduced a points system upon going up because their fans had the same issue...

We've not encountered this before, and if the club has no idea who exactly rocked up to Wigan away last minute on a Tuesday night I'm not sure it can start trying to create a hierarchy in a few days for one game...
I still feel we could have done something similar for this game.

Many years ago you had to have attended certain games to untitle you to certain big games (ticket stubs etc), so I would have thought in this day and age we could have put something in place.

Anyway, it’s seems quite obvious that the ticketing system failed based upon the circling errors it was sending people on.

But the early bird is a business decision that they obviously feels pays off financially in the long run, loads of clubs do it so they must agree. No business sense in dropping the prices for a sell out game.
Not saying they should have reduced the prices, just pointing out a club considering their fans.

At no point did the ticketing site crash or go down - so there were no problems related to the amount of traffic to the site.

Problems seem to be:
- the re-directing to profile details delaying people actually entering the ticketing process ( @OUSP - could the club be asked if this is something that re-appears when you haven't logged in for a certain amount of time?)
- the "time to complete order" countdown being incredibly quick and timing out on people who were trying to pay. Should this be amended, especially given the different speeds that different banking apps take to get to the authorisation/approval screens
- the "criteria" issue. The classic thing you see during ticket purchasing for arena gigs etc. Nothing to do with the system, everything to do with supply v demand.
The thing that could be be done in this area though, is a tidy up of the messaging to make it clear what it actually means.

Lots of claims that tickets went on before 4pm and that non ST holders were able to access the sale via their own profiles?
Not seen any evidence of either so far (not that I'd suspect anyone in either category to own up if they have got a ticket via either of those issues)

I also lost out on Leyton Orient because I hadn’t seen that tickets had gone on sale. But I managed to get a seat in one of the home areas without too much trouble.
You can’t get them at Peterborough if that’s your angle!

Back
Top Bottom