Tickets 1350 Peterborough Away Ticket Allocation

Do the fans that went and watched us lose away to Barrow on a Friday night when it was on TV or the game against Droylsden that was on TV and we got humiliated get given a ticket to the big games automatically?
If that’s the case then I’d be happy with that system.
i think all those fans that did the conga away at rushden defeat live on setanta get ultimate priority

The re-directing to profile update was entirely random, much like the request to authenticate id via "Captcha" pop up. We were unaware of the process of clicking on the Ticket tab to negate the need. This resulted in being thrown out and starting again - obviously wrong. Agree with changing the "Criteria" message. Given that the only criteria was the number of tickets required, this had no clear meaning.
It does interest me that you speak with an apparent authority of the system. What is your role at the club to be able to do so?
Yes, had both of those. Also I sometimes get a "your session has timed out" message even when I've only just gone onto the site.

For those advocating a "points system" how will that work then?

Remembering anyone who buys a ticket (Home or Away) week to week should not be able to exceed the benefit afforded to us ST holders. Even those who might only attend a handful of games but stump up our money, without question, before a ball is kicked?

Over the years our "benefits" have been eroded/removed/replaced with inferior deals and getting priority tickets for "big games" is about all that remains.

As previously 1,350 tickets and 5k ST Holders was always going to mean many missing out... 🤷‍♂️

I guess the simplest way is to allocate a specific number of points to a season ticket at the start of the season.

You add to those points with away attendance (specific points per game) - Maybe allocate higher points values for the long/Tuesday night trips??

That way, if you are a season ticket holder and travel away extensively, you are top priority.

Am I seeing this too simplistically?

i think all those fans that did the conga away at rushden defeat live on setanta get ultimate priority
What about us maniacs that went to the Gateshead FA Cup game on a Tuesday night for them to call it off after the away coach arrived. We then had to pay to go again the following Thursday and didn't arrive till kick-off due to traffic, went to extra time as well IIRC. Pretty sure the away attendance was 99 :oops:

I suppose my tuppenceworth is...

The Ticketmaster system is obviously rubbish. I had the 'resave your profile' thing despite having done so when the club advised weeks ago. Luckily it then worked OK after doing it once - where you are in the 'queue' shouldn't depend on luck though! I suspect the club has limited options for suppliers - if I were them I'd be shouting at Ticketmaster this morning. It's one thing missing in-demand tickets (for anything) by logging in to try too late - it is completely another when the ticketing system makes it a lottery. (If we'd had more time, I guess a lottery might have been a better option).

Setting up a 'points' system seems sensible. But obviously this is a one-off situation and TBF absolutely nobody has been on here insisting one be set up before now. And doing so in the few days between getting into the playoffs and the tickets being available was not only impossible but (based on the stated benefits of buying a season ticket) unfair. There are - as others have said - numerous things to consider with such a system (cash buyers, length of having an ST, number of away matches attended etc etc) and better it was done right than done quickly! Of course, should we end up remaining in L1 then the chances of such a scheme being required again next year are not huge (although that isn't a reason not to do it) - maybe different if we go up.

In the current situation (no points system, ST ticket priority and existing online ticket sales infrastructure), I can't quite see what else the club could have done. Whether the choice of Ticketmaster was actually the correct one in the first place and whether the system had been tested adequately is perhaps something that should be looked at as a matter of urgency.

Points systems always problematic in lower leagues as some matches are pay on day.....there will have been a few games that people attended that would never show up in a system. Also, should there be a higher points for having a season ticket for a longer period (multiple seasons) as opposed to just a single season.........someone who goes 10 away games a year but only did it for one season as a season ticket holder has higher priority than a 20 year season ticket holder who goes to 5 otherwise. Not saying this isn't fair but they are all issues to consider.

I suppose my tuppenceworth is...

The Ticketmaster system is obviously rubbish. I had the 'resave your profile' thing despite having done so when the club advised weeks ago. Luckily it then worked OK after doing it once - where you are in the 'queue' shouldn't depend on luck though! I suspect the club has limited options for suppliers - if I were them I'd be shouting at Ticketmaster this morning. It's one thing missing in-demand tickets (for anything) by logging in to try too late - it is completely another when the ticketing system makes it a lottery. (If we'd had more time, I guess a lottery might have been a better option).

Setting up a 'points' system seems sensible. But obviously this is a one-off situation and TBF absolutely nobody has been on here insisting one be set up before now. And doing so in the few days between getting into the playoffs and the tickets being available was not only impossible but (based on the stated benefits of buying a season ticket) unfair. There are - as others have said - numerous things to consider with such a system (cash buyers, length of having an ST, number of away matches attended etc etc) and better it was done right than done quickly! Of course, should we end up remaining in L1 then the chances of such a scheme being required again next year are not huge (although that isn't a reason not to do it) - maybe different if we go up.

In the current situation (no points system, ST ticket priority and existing online ticket sales infrastructure), I can't quite see what else the club could have done. Whether the choice of Ticketmaster was actually the correct one in the first place and whether the system had been tested adequately is perhaps something that should be looked at as a matter of urgency.

Pretty sure the resave your profile thing is related to the club's CRM system rather than the Ticketmaster system.
I thought the whole point of the mid-season change to the CRM was to make a single sign-on type thing work i.e. just one log in whether you wanted tickets or club shop.

For whatever reason, when entering the ticketing site to log in, some people seem to get diverted to this page below which is causing confusion as it seems to be different to the account area on the ticketing site. Clicking 'tickets' does end up taking you to the right place, but potentially after a couple more loops.
That's the bit that needs fixing, just take people to the area of the website that they logged on for anyway!

1714643690777.png

Last edited:
Trying to harm the existence of the club because you don’t get to see a big game is an odd way to show everyone that deserving supporters missed out.
I’m not sure that Lower South was being altogether serious.

Some people clearly experienced issues with the website and it's not clear whether those that did have their ability to buy a ticket fairly, hampered. The only thing keeping this thread rumbling on is a handful of people for whatever reason trying to tell those of us that did experience issues that it must be something we did wrong, and couldn't possibly be a system issue (whether that 'issue' is actually a problem with messaging on the website is immaterial, people need to feel they've been part of a fair process).

Glad that OUSP are collecting information so that this can be looked into to ensure it doesn't happen again. High demand matches need to be ticketed in a fair way, rather than pot luck (or being generous a flawed system that presents as if it is pot luck regardless of whether it is or not). The point is that nobody on this thread works for Ticketmaster and so cannot say whether anything went wrong or not.

Some people clearly experienced issues with the website and it's not clear whether those that did have their ability to buy a ticket fairly, hampered. The only thing keeping this thread rumbling on is a handful of people for whatever reason trying to tell those of us that did experience issues that it must be something we did wrong, and couldn't possibly be a system issue (whether that 'issue' is actually a problem with messaging on the website is immaterial, people need to feel they've been part of a fair process).

Glad that OUSP are collecting information so that this can be looked into to ensure it doesn't happen again. High demand matches need to be ticketed in a fair way, rather than pot luck (or being generous a flawed system that presents as if it is pot luck regardless of whether it is or not). The point is that nobody on this thread works for Ticketmaster and so cannot say whether anything went wrong or not.

With more season ticket holders than availible ticket holders won't there always be an element of luck in this situation?

Agree wholeheartedly. I may be over retirement age but I'm more than capable of using a PC, this episode was exceptionally bad.

The re-directing to profile update was entirely random, much like the request to authenticate id via "Captcha" pop up. We were unaware of the process of clicking on the Ticket tab to negate the need. This resulted in being thrown out and starting again - obviously wrong. Agree with changing the "Criteria" message. Given that the only criteria was the number of tickets required, this had no clear meaning.
It does interest me that you speak with an apparent authority of the system. What is your role at the club to be able to do so?
This is the salient point here. It's not the not getting tickets that people are getting emotional about, it's getting close to them and the system saying no (profile, payment, criteria). If that's sorted, and people just missed out on the luck of the draw, then it would be accepted. This is unfortunately where Ticketmaster falls down, it is a system aimed at placing 30,000 people in an arena...obviously the "criteria" are not met more frequently when you open up a 1,000 venue to 5,000 people, all buying tickets individually (thus taking up dots on the grid) or for up to four (?) people in their network. This is where an urgent rethink is necessary.

On the "fairness" issue, if a massive stadium tour of Your Favourite Band was announced, then there are usually ways to be more sure of getting a ticket. Buy the latest album, be on a mailing list, or whatever to get a pre-sale code. What you can't then do is say "right, there are far more requests than tickets available, everyone prove why they are worthy". To say nothing of the resources that would take even if you were mad enough to do it. So you can't introduce a points system at this stage, as mentioned above...everyone who bought a season ticket and parted with a wodge of cash at the start of the season should all have an equal chance of getting tickets for a game like this. 5000 into 1350 doesn't go, obviously, so there will be people disappointed.

With more season ticket holders than availible ticket holders won't there always be an element of luck in this situation?
Exactly, so the main thing is to ensure that the system functions fairly and appears to be fair. If I log on at 4pm with 2k other fans, than the element of pot luck I am willing to accept is that my internet may have a blip at that second, and 1.9k other fans get ahead of me - bad luck.

What I can't accept is that my element of luck is based on whether the system sends me in loops that may (or may not) have lost me my place in the 'queue'.

Exactly, so the main thing is to ensure that the system functions fairly and appears to be fair. If I log on at 4pm with 2k other fans, than the element of pot luck I am willing to accept is that my internet may have a blip at that second, and 1.9k other fans get ahead of me - bad luck.

What I can't accept is that my element of luck is based on whether the system sends me in loops that may (or may not) have lost me my place in the 'queue'.

That's fair enough.

This is the salient point here. It's not the not getting tickets that people are getting emotional about, it's getting close to them and the system saying no (profile, payment, criteria). If that's sorted, and people just missed out on the luck of the draw, then it would be accepted. This is unfortunately where Ticketmaster falls down, it is a system aimed at placing 30,000 people in an arena...obviously the "criteria" are not met more frequently when you open up a 1,000 venue to 5,000 people, all buying tickets individually (thus taking up dots on the grid) or for up to four (?) people in their network. This is where an urgent rethink is necessary.

On the "fairness" issue, if a massive stadium tour of Your Favourite Band was announced, then there are usually ways to be more sure of getting a ticket. Buy the latest album, be on a mailing list, or whatever to get a pre-sale code. What you can't then do is say "right, there are far more requests than tickets available, everyone prove why they are worthy". To say nothing of the resources that would take even if you were mad enough to do it. So you can't introduce a points system at this stage, as mentioned above...everyone who bought a season ticket and parted with a wodge of cash at the start of the season should all have an equal chance of getting tickets for a game like this. 5000 into 1350 doesn't go, obviously, so there will be people disappointed.
100% this. Not sure why some people are struggling to grasp this point.

Given that a fair few season ticket holders do not go to away games, others would not have had the time to go and for some it would have been an expense beyond budget, I think it would be fair to say that the numbers involved, whilst still exceeding available tickets, should not have seen the system perform so badly. If logged in and ready to purchase but, the system prevents progress and constantly chucks you back to the start, it is going to be nothing but luck that decides the issue. That is the failing here, I didn't apply for a lottery ticket, I, and Mrs L, followed the system and attempted to purchase two tickets in, what should have been, a normal transaction. First come, first served. That's why a time is announced and those who show that they are keen, are there at the front of the queue.
What actually happened is that some got a ticket, some didn't, all regardless of process.

Given that a fair few season ticket holders do not go to away games, others would not have had the time to go and for some it would have been an expense beyond budget, I think it would be fair to say that the numbers involved, whilst still exceeding available tickets, should not have seen the system perform so badly. If logged in and ready to purchase but, the system prevents progress and constantly chucks you back to the start, it is going to be nothing but luck that decides the issue. That is the failing here, I didn't apply for a lottery ticket, I, and Mrs L, followed the system and attempted to purchase two tickets in, what should have been, a normal transaction. First come, first served. That's why a time is announced and those who show that they are keen, are there at the front of the queue.
What actually happened is that some got a ticket, some didn't, all regardless of process.

Again fair enough, if the system messed up and cost you a ticket that's annoying.

Unfortunately what can the club do about it now? They can try and improve the system for next time but that doesn't solve your problem now.

On the Peterborough forum they don,t think they will sell out, so annoying they only gave us 1350
That would be a travesty and just add salt to the wound. Empty spaces on their own terraces would speak volumes about the thinking behind limiting us to 1350 tickets. If the thoughts are correct around how the income is divided up between clubs, then the decision to limit our allocation is one of simple spite.
We sold out our home allocation with ease. We gave Peterborough the maximum away allocation (governed by segregation and SAG priorities)

I would be surprised if they don't sell out but let's wait and see.

Thread here if interested: Posh v Oxford 2nd Leg

Back
Top Bottom