Tickets 1350 Peterborough Away Ticket Allocation

Firstly, I agree that it's unfair that long standing fans are unable to attend.

However with only a quarter of our season ticket holders able to get a ticket there was always going to be a large number who would miss out.

A points system could be the answer, but there will then be issues about how the points are allocated. Does someone who attends every away game for one season count more than someone who has attended a dozen or more away games for 40 years? How do you award points for encouraging others to games? How about spending money in the club shop? Or bringing your children to games but not doing evening games?

It is worth giving consideration to a point system now and for years ahead if we're successful, but however this is done will lead to some missing out and feeling it is unfair.
I think you are over analysing it .
A points system for away games really is a simple process to follow .It's done at all premier league clubs & most championship clubs .Your loyalty then gets rewarded .
It's only fair then that somebody that has attended 23 away games gets first dibs .

I think you are over analysing it .
A points system for away games really is a simple process to follow .It's done at all premier league clubs & most championship clubs .Your loyalty then gets rewarded .
It's only fair then that somebody that has attended 23 away games gets first dibs .

Everyone will have a reason why they think they deserve a ticket over another. You could have someone who has not missed a game in 10 years but misses a single game through illness who misses out over someone watching for their first seaaon.

Those that get a ticket would think it's fair whilst others would disagree.

Everyone will have a reason why they think they deserve a ticket over another. You could have someone who has not missed a game in 10 years but misses a single game through illness who misses out over someone watching for their first seaaon.

Any sensible point system would ensure that anyone who has a season ticket, and goes to 20+ away games a season and a couple of cup games would get a ticket. There aren't more than a thousand of those people following our club. There's probably only a couple of hundred.

However you look at it, the system is not optimized if someone like Paul B - who not only goes to every game, but also entertains a lot of us with his musings afterwards (personally, I come for the football.....but I stay for the beer chat) - can't get a ticket.

I don't necessarily blame the club......because we haven't had an occasion like this one where tickets are so scarce for a long, long time. But if we get promoted, this season or in the future, there will be more of them so maybe time to think about how to manage this going forwards.....

I think it was the way the system worked that irked many. In the simply way my brain works I expected to click on Buy Tickets and either be allowed to buy tickets or be told I was number x in a queue to buy tickets or (at some point) be told tickets were sold out.

The messages and route it took me through was just confusing and lacked clarity. I had no idea if it was a system issue, a user issue, a demand issue or something else so I did things like logging out and logging back in etc which was probably to my detriment. If the process had provided clear communication I would have been disappointed but not pissed off.

If the elections were run by Ticketmaster, most of the electorate would never get to vote. We wouldn't meet the criteria.
Sunak reads this post and picks up phone. "Hello, is that Ticketmaster? Good, I have a job for you ..... "

Posh use a points based system:

Attachments

• IMG_0027.png
    IMG_0027.png
    180.8 KB · Views: 17
I don’t have a problem with a points system but you can’t bring it in on May 1st for a game on May 8th, both legally and logistically, it’s something that has to be bought in before season tickets go on sale for the following season. Let’s be honest this is very rare, how many other away games sold out to season ticket holders? Had we come sixth and were playing Bolton (or missed out entirely) we would not even be having this conversation.

I can see why those who the system didn’t even give a chance to are pissed off, nothing could be done at this stage to weight ticket distribution to those who have been to every game but they at least deserved a fair chance.

On the bright side this is at least a good problem to have, last season we would all have been happy to have this argument when we looked doomed.

If the club are going to bring in a point’s system I think it needs to be very simple and just reward the few who have done nearly every game away. For this game (obviously this would have to be announced at the beginning of the season) I would have said season ticket holders who have done 20 and above away games get a small priority window the night before to buy themselves tickets. Hard on those who have done just under but you have to have a cut off somewhere, plus the away ticket priority is a perk for season ticket holders and you don’t want to water it down to much.

I don’t have a problem with a points system but you can’t bring it in on May 1st for a game on May 8th, both legally and logistically, it’s something that has to be bought in before season tickets go on sale for the following season. Let’s be honest this is very rare, how many other away games sold out to season ticket holders? Had we come sixth and were playing Bolton (or missed out entirely) we would not even be having this conversation.

I can see why those who the system didn’t even give a chance to are pissed off, nothing could be done at this stage to weight ticket distribution to those who have been to every game but they at least deserved a fair chance.

On the bright side this is at least a good problem to have, last season we would all have been happy to have this argument when we looked doomed.

If the club are going to bring in a point’s system I think it needs to be very simple and just reward the few who have done nearly every game away. For this game (obviously this would have to be announced at the beginning of the season) I would have said season ticket holders who have done 20 and above away games get a small priority window the night before to buy themselves tickets. Hard on those who have done just under but you have to have a cut off somewhere, plus the away ticket priority is a perk for season ticket holders and you don’t want to water it down to much.
But if you are going to reward people for travelling to a lot of away games (we do) should you not also reward those who travel a long way to HOME games (we don’t).
As someone whose journey to the Kassam is a relatively easy 75 minutes I often admire those who have travelled from all over the country to see a home game.
Besides, we enjoy our trips to Exeter, Carlisle, Cambridge - it’s a good day out. Can’t say that about our visits to the Concrete Block.

(5 of us ST holders applied for this fixture; one managed a ticket).

I listen to every game on ifollow as based in Kent so wouldn't even consider an evening trip to matches but am a member so will certainly be going to Wembley if we do. Dont consider myself a lesser fan just a virtual one! The away allocation very small like Leyton O which I lost out on-nevertheless good luck to all.

If the club are going to bring in a point’s system I think it needs to be very simple
If you want simple, we already have the London Road Club. Although this is for those that travel on the organised coaches, if LRC members got initial access to away tickets, people could get to the front of the queue by joining up - perhaps as some sort of associate member if you don't intend to use the coaches?

I noticed that the system dropped to the profile page after selecting tickets for the game and then I had to click “tickets” to get back to my basket. Clearly not what anyone would expect but also not resolved by a queuing system.

I wonder if people had pressed the back button instead of tickets whether they might have ended up at the bank of the queue again.... Or worse still with tickets in their baskets so unable to 'buy' more tickets.

1000055601.png

Even more angst I suspect if fans had to phone for a ticket-"you are number 500 in the queue"

But if you are going to reward people for travelling to a lot of away games (we do) should you not also reward those who travel a long way to HOME games (we don’t).
As someone whose journey to the Kassam is a relatively easy 75 minutes I often admire those who have travelled from all over the country to see a home game.
Besides, we enjoy our trips to Exeter, Carlisle, Cambridge - it’s a good day out. Can’t say that about our visits to the Concrete Block.

(5 of us ST holders applied for this fixture; one managed a ticket).

Why? I live an hour away, my cousin who I go with lives 5 minutes walk away in greater leys, we both have season tickets, not certain why I should be rewarded for living further away than him, it was my choice to move so why punish people who happen to live in Oxford?

Simply not true in mine or Mrs L's case. We followed all the advice and set up our accounts properly weeks ago. Profiles were all correct. That said, we were advised on multiple occasions during the attempts to buy tickets, to update again. All the information held on line was correct.

Every time we got as far as the selection of area in which to purchase, we were both advised that there were no tickets that met our criteria. i.e. 2 tickets together, 2. Not 4 or multiples thereof.

Again, no section had 2 tickets together. We also tried to buy individual tickets, also did not meet criteria.

Both I and Mrs L have each other in our respective networks. No issues previously in purchasing tickets for each other. In fact, we set up our accounts to meet specifically these sorts of events.

It all comes down to the simple fact that the system was not competent enough to handle the traffic of this event. The set up was not designed with sufficient capacity to handle what could be described as little more than normal traffic for an organisation such as Ticketmaster. All the system had to do was sell 1340 tickets in a sensible and fair manner. It failed.
I had exactly the same problems and followed the procedures to re register and it didn’t make a blind bit of difference, it’s so annoying being asked to re register every time. My problem was after being able to put the ticket in the basket ,then having to confirm the transaction with my bank, returning to complete the payment on the club site, the ticket was not there. I might add I have never had a problem before.

If you want simple, we already have the London Road Club. Although this is for those that travel on the organised coaches, if LRC members got initial access to away tickets, people could get to the front of the queue by joining up - perhaps as some sort of associate member if you don't intend to use the coaches?

I could just buy a London road membership and not go to any away games apart from the big ones though? Not certain that would reward those who do all the away games.

I think set a high number of away games like 20 which keeps the number down, have a system that they have to buy the tickets through if they want to log the points, then it’s their responsibility to do that, if you buy a ticket off a mate for a game then it’s your problem.

Reward the few hundred hardy souls who go to Carlisle on a Tuesday night, nearly all the other away games and have a season ticket, that still leaves plenty of tickets to on the market for season ticket holders to not disincentivise the purchase of those, which is important to the club.

I mean this won’t be a problem most of the time, it’s only this game, Reading, Leyton Orient and Exeter where it would even have come close to coming into play this season.

There is never going to be a queuing system for max 4000 people trying to buy 1300 tickets! Queing systems are used to manage performance of the site at large scale when 10s of thousands hit it within seconds. The site would be able to cope with 10 time the load we put on it before any queuing process automatically kicked in.

Why? I live an hour away, my cousin who I go with lives 5 minutes walk away in greater leys, we both have season tickets, not certain why I should be rewarded for living further away than him, it was my choice to move so why punish people who happen to live in Oxford?
Are you being deliberately perverse?
I wasn’t referring to those of us who live in/near Oxford; I was admiring those who travel long distances from the north (and even abroad). I’m not suggesting we “punish” anybody.

And, no doubt, tomorrow they will face a barrage of complaints from those who failed to get tickets. They are, sadly, the ones who have to deal with the feedback caused by an inadequate ticketing system and an organisation (Ticketmaster) that makes a profit whether folks are happy, or not and, regardless of the human cost.

Let’s hope that people are able to control themselves then if there are a “barrage of complaints”, as you’ve suggested.

Gem and her team on the ‘front line’ in the ticket office, are not responsible for the ticketing system that Senior Management choose to use. People would do well to remember that if they start delivering barage loads of complaints to them today.

Perhaps those people would be better placed emailing Adam Benson? He is the commercial dogs dick, after all.

Without a point based system you're effectively relying on the individual 'fairness' of the fans.

I haven't been to as many away games this season as I have previously (I used to do all of them). I've certainly done less than other fans. Because of that, I didn't even try to get tickets for this game. As much as I'd have liked to go, I didn't feel I deserved them as much as someone who spent 12 hours travelling to Carlisle while I sat in front of a nice fire with beer in hand!

Obviously not everyone will have this philosophy though. I'd be interested to know how many have done a handful of games and got tickets over those who have done most of them.

Back
Top Bottom