Tickets 1350 Peterborough Away Ticket Allocation

Again fair enough, if the system messed up and cost you a ticket that's annoying.

Unfortunately what can the club do about it now? They can try and improve the system for next time but that doesn't solve your problem now.
Joined the waiting list at the ticket office. (I have offered bribes of Lardy cake so very confident!)

The club did consider our fans. Those that parted with up to £4/5/600 in ST purchases last summer, vital funds that allow the club to cashflow for the up coming season nonetheless, were rewarded with the chance to purchase their tickets for a high priority game, first.

Unfortunately, we have more ST holders than tickets available and so some worthy ST holders and loyal supporters missed out. What you cannot do is offer up a points based system for one game, that has not been communicated at the time of releasing ST last summer and the T's&C's that come with that purchase.

Early bird ST's are used to generate greater cashflow earlier in the summer, by creating a 'need' for supporters to secure a better deal on their ST. This is a widespread method of marketing used by nearly all EFL clubs.

I don't recall seeing an increase in ticket costs for the home leg. My SSU ticket was £28. I'm pretty sure that has been the cost of a ticket in that area all season (although i could be wrong as i purchased my ST last June).
I bought a ST in the SSU Premium section, and have done for 20+ years, and prior to that at the Manor. Also been on OxVox committee member, and drove to Birmingham to drop off the petition raised regarding the challenge of the 5 points deduction we received in the Conference.

Have been a supporter for nearly 50 years, and have travelled the country home and abroad supporting the club.

Have encouraged numerous family and friends and acquaintances to become supporters/ST holders etc over the years.

I fully understand the logic for early bird ST’s etc, so no need to explain that to me thank you. I was referring to that in terms of not offering the early bird discount as a way of reducing the debt in response to another comment, whereby, they were justify the price for this game as a way of reducing the debt etc.

Re; cost of this game. Obviously if you buy an early bird ST it works out cheaper/game over the season than buying a one off ticket e.g. ST cost per game = £21.73 (£500/23), so the £32 cost is an 48% increase which like I’ve said I don’t mind paying.

Last edited:
I bought a ST in the SSU Premium section, and have done for 20+ years, and prior to that at the Manor. Also been on OxVox committee member, and drove to Birmingham to drop off the petition raised regarding the challenge of the 5 points deduction we received in the Conference.

Have been a supporter for nearly 50 years, and have travelled the country home and abroad supporting the club.

Have encouraged numerous family and friends and acquaintances to become supporters/ST holders etc over the years.

I fully understand the logic for early bird ST’s etc, so no need to explain that to me thank you. I was referring to that in terms of not offering the early bird discount as a way of reducing the deb, in response to another comment other, whereby, they were justify the price for this game as a way of reducing the debt etc.

Re; cost of this game. Obviously if you buy an early bird ST it works out cheaper/game over the season than buying a one off ticket e.g. ST cost per game = £21.73 (£500/23), so the £32 cost is an 48% increase which I don’t mind paying.

Great support!

Well quite, but why would anyone mind paying? It clearly is stated that these such games wouldn’t be included in the ST price when you purchase it.
The club haven’t increased the price of these tickets, they’re standard price for all home games this season.

Great support!

Well quite, but why would anyone mind paying? It clearly is stated that these such games wouldn’t be included in the ST price when you purchase it.
The club haven’t increased the price of these tickets, they’re standard price for all home games this season.
I agree with you, but obviously I’m very disappointed and feel it could have been done in a fairer way. Just gutted.

Like I said yesterday, my form tutor wrote on my school report that there’s more to life than ‘Oxford Utd’, so may be they were right!!

So this is how Peterborough do it (or at least how they're updating their system for next season):

A season ticket is worth 350 points.

And then it's:
Home afternoon KO: 10 points
Home evening KO: 20 points
Away afternoon KO: 20 points
Away evening KO: 30 points

So someone who went to every single game home and away, including cups and friendlies, would likely be a little over 1,000 points. I think Posh said that there were about 1,000 of these people. Obviously you would want to buy your tickets for every game through the club, rather than pay cash at a turnstyle on the day.

Is it worth it for Oxford to do it? Hard to argue for it if we're back in League One, because when was the last time that this happened (i.e. seemingly more season ticket holders online and trying to get tickets the moment they went on sale than there were tickets available)? Rushden in 2010?
I don't think you get points for both the season ticket and also for attending the home league game.
Also the points tally up over the current and previous two seasons.

Has anyone been able to add their ticket to Apple wallet?
I had my ticket bought by someone on my network, so I am trying to download it from a forwarded email.
It opens OK, but when I click ADD, it just opens Safari explorer.

I had my ticket bought by someone on my network, so I am trying to download it from a forwarded email.
Someone once told me that you have to download to the wallet on the same device on which you ordered the ticket. This may or may not be correct.

Someone once told me that you have to download to the wallet on the same device on which you ordered the ticket. This may or may not be correct.
I don't know if that is correct for Apple, but it is certainly not for Google Wallet (I buy tickets on my desktop and then add the digital tickets to the Wallet on my phone).

I buy tickets for my sons and usually transfer to my wallet and then pass on to them via Instagram.

20 points for a Saturday away game .
30 points for a midweek away game .
200 points for buying a season ticket.
It's not rocket science & doesn't take a brain surgeon to implement this .
The more away games you attend the more opportunity's you get for attending an away game that has a small ticket allocation .

The more away games you attend the more opportunity's you get for attending an away game that has a small ticket allocation .

This would mean that someone who only did away games but never got a season ticket/goes to home games, thus putting very little cash into the club, would have priority over a season ticket holder who funds the club, you can't do that. You need to make season tickets over half the points.

This would mean that someone who only did away games but never got a season ticket/goes to home games, thus putting very little cash into the club, would have priority over a season ticket holder who funds the club, you can't do that. You need to make season tickets over half the points.
It would take them quite a while to get the points to overtake a ST holder who starts off with 200 pts. I suspect there are very few who just do loads / nearly all away games only. I can't see anyone living way up north doing say Plymouth away on a Tues night but could be wrong. And away tickets, when appearing to be limited, are always available to ST holders first anyway at the start of the season and I assume would continue to be so until a few non ST points accumulator's overtook them on points.

Last edited:
It would take them quite a while to get the points to overtake a ST holder who starts off with 200 pts. I suspect there are very few who just do loads / nearly all away games only. I can't see anyone living way up north doing say Plymouth away on a Tues night but could be wrong. And away tickets, when appearing to be limited, are always available to ST holders first anyway whatever stage of the season it is.
I still think its best to put season tickets at just over half the points, should be no possibility of a non season ticket holder being ahead of a season ticket holder.

Hopefully the club are pushing hard for Peterborough to give us the extra 450 tickets they’re holding back from us.

Quite a few of those seats are set to be covered by a banner of a fat bloke off Instagram called Big John who is famous for eating Chinese, no joke.

That would be a travesty and just add salt to the wound. Empty spaces on their own terraces would speak volumes about the thinking behind limiting us to 1350 tickets. If the thoughts are correct around how the income is divided up between clubs, then the decision to limit our allocation is one of simple spite.
We sold out our home allocation with ease. We gave Peterborough the maximum away allocation (governed by segregation and SAG priorities)

I would be surprised if they don't sell out but let's wait and see.

Thread here if interested: Posh v Oxford 2nd Leg

Agreed. Well within their rights of course, but looks petty and tinpot. Their fans have a nerve to complain that we have given them standard allocation at standard prices ie not special treatment to the detriment of our own club.

Hope it backfires - those with a ticket pack out an away end full of colour and noise that lifts the team when compared to empty seats in the home end.

Why is a home game with a season ticket worth 8.7 points compared to 30 for an away game with no money going to the club?

What about us maniacs that went to the Gateshead FA Cup game on a Tuesday night for them to call it off after the away coach arrived. We then had to pay to go again the following Thursday and didn't arrive till kick-off due to traffic, went to extra time as well IIRC. Pretty sure the away attendance was 99 :oops:

Talking of maniacs, I went to Sunderland* away twice on consecutive weekends in January '89 so that must count for something. :)

*The Roker roar claim was laughable for the game we lost in the league.

Back
Top Bottom