Tickets 1350 Peterborough Away Ticket Allocation

That would be a travesty and just add salt to the wound. Empty spaces on their own terraces would speak volumes about the thinking behind limiting us to 1350 tickets. If the thoughts are correct around how the income is divided up between clubs, then the decision to limit our allocation is one of simple spite.
We sold out our home allocation with ease. We gave Peterborough the maximum away allocation (governed by segregation and SAG priorities)

I would be surprised if they don't sell out but let's wait and see.

Thread here if interested: Posh v Oxford 2nd Leg

It is. Detailed here:

What about us maniacs that went to the Gateshead FA Cup game on a Tuesday night for them to call it off after the away coach arrived. We then had to pay to go again the following Thursday and didn't arrive till kick-off due to traffic, went to extra time as well IIRC. Pretty sure the away attendance was 99 :oops:
8 1/2 hours on the coach and we didn’t even stop, straight off the coach into the ground, just to watch 119 minutes of horrific football in the freezing cold.

Seem to remember a fish went flying late on, however.

Ah the wonders or not of purchasing our lives online - brilliant if stuck out here in the boondocks-talking to folks today having the angst of concert ticket purchases on ticketmaster -all in the same boat. And the result of success - wouldn't change that and Wembley thankfully is XL and close enough by teain🙂

Talking of maniacs, I went to Sunderland* away twice on consecutive weekends in January '89 so that must count for something. :)

*The Roker roar claim was laughable for the game we lost in the league.
Early on in the 93/94 season I went to Tranmere in the cup on a Tuesday, followed by a return in the league the following Saturday.

I've obviously done my best to erase the footballing memories as I had to check the scores - we lost 5-1 and 2-0. However, I do remember going to a fish & chip restaurant on the Tuesday. Not sure any book publishers will be queuing up for my memoirs.

According to them................ "Of the five playoff semi finals at LR, attendance has been been a minimum of 9500 and has never even reached 12,600"........... barring when they played Sheff Weds who took a lot.

Just get someone to drive to Peterborough and buy a bundle of home tickets. :)

I noticed that the system dropped to the profile page after selecting tickets for the game and then I had to click “tickets” to get back to my basket. Clearly not what anyone would expect but also not resolved by a queuing system.

I wonder if people had pressed the back button instead of tickets whether they might have ended up at the bank of the queue again.... Or worse still with tickets in their baskets so unable to 'buy' more tickets.

View attachment 19347
This, simply, seems to be the cause of many, many users problems yesterday. I was fortunate to have a dry run before 4pm and worked out the solution you’ve highlighted but obviously many others weren’t able to for any number of reasons. Needs resolving for next time there’s high demand.

I still think its best to put season tickets at just over half the points, should be no possibility of a non season ticket holder being ahead of a season ticket holder.

I like your original concept, so don't give up on that now! It was simple, and solved the problem effectively.

Have a points system only for season ticket holders.

Any season ticket holder who buys a ticket through the club for an additional 20 or more away games gets put in a special category; tickets go on sale to that group one hour before they become available to all ST holders.

This way, the real nutters who go to every game don't end up in a situation where they suddenly miss the most important match of the season - but there's surely only a couple of hundred of these, max. Every other ST holder gets to chance their arm, just as they did, only with slightly worse odds.

And if you decide to go and pay on the day rather than buy in advance through the club.....well that's your decision and you reap the consequences. If only only go to 19 away games.....well, tough luck, you knew what the rules were at the beginning of the season.

Think that would work until we get to the Premier League!

Last edited:
I like you're original concept, so don't give up on that now! It was simple, and solved the problem effectively.

Any season ticket holder who buys a ticket through the club for an additional 20 or more away games gets put in a special category; tickets go on sale to that group one hour before they become available to all ST holders.

This way, the real nutters who go to every game don't end up in a situation where they suddenly miss the most important match of the season - but there's surely only a couple of hundred of these, max. Every other ST holder gets to chance their arm, just as they did, only with slightly worse odds.

And if you decide to go and pay on the day rather than buy in advance through the club.....well that's your decision and you reap the consequences. If only only go to 19 away games.....well, tough luck, you knew what the rules were at the beginning of the season.

Thank you, I am hoping that the club call it the Holdsteady club in my honour.

Has anyone been able to add their ticket to Apple wallet?
I had my ticket bought by someone on my network, so I am trying to download it from a forwarded email.
It opens OK, but when I click ADD, it just opens Safari explorer.
Couldn’t download mine so had to ring the club to pick up a ticket on the day. Kept saying insecure download.

Couldn’t download mine so had to ring the club to pick up a ticket on the day. Kept saying insecure download.
I don't trust the qr code from the email....I don't understand how oufc can dish out qr codes for the Peterborough turnstiles to work... They are branded oufc target then Peterborough when stored in the wallet.

That said I have downloaded it to my Google wallet fine but have printed a hard copy just in case that doesn't work.

It would take them quite a while to get the points to overtake a ST holder who starts off with 200 pts. I suspect there are very few who just do loads / nearly all away games only. I can't see anyone living way up north doing say Plymouth away on a Tues night but could be wrong. And away tickets, when appearing to be limited, are always available to ST holders first anyway at the start of the season and I assume would continue to be so until a few non ST points accumulator's overtook them on points.
There are a few folks who buy a season ticket but only attend one or two games a season.
Probably a combination of wanting to support the club financially as well as getting first dibs on restricted tickets.

It would be quite hard / expensive to "cheat" the Posh points scheme by for instance purchasing a ticket for every home match instead of getting a season ticket.

I think in the example for the first leg, they reckoned approx 1000 fans would be above 1000 points, which I worked out as three years of season tickets, plus 30 or so other games over the three years.

I don't trust the qr code from the email....I don't understand how oufc can dish out qr codes for the Peterborough turnstiles to work... They are branded oufc target then Peterborough when stored in the wallet.

That said I have downloaded it to my Google wallet fine but have printed a hard copy just in case that doesn't work.
I believe Peterborough use the Ticketmaster system. This allows the two clubs to issue etickets for each other. That said, last away game there they screwed up the tickets and had to issue paper tickets on site!

I believe Peterborough use the Ticketmaster system. This allows the two clubs to issue etickets for each other. That said, last away game there they screwed up the tickets and had to issue paper tickets on site!
Cheers I will try both.

I like you're original concept, so don't give up on that now! It was simple, and solved the problem effectively.

That’d be right for me

There are a few folks who buy a season ticket but only attend one or two games a season.
Probably a combination of wanting to support the club financially as well as getting first dibs on restricted tickets.

It would be quite hard / expensive to "cheat" the Posh points scheme by for instance purchasing a ticket for every home match instead of getting a season ticket.

I think in the example for the first leg, they reckoned approx 1000 fans would be above 1000 points, which I worked out as three years of season tickets, plus 30 or so other games over the three years.

Thank you. :)

And those same folk might go to more away games than home ones. :ROFLMAO:

Perfection .
Top 30 club .
Where do I sign up ?
Up the Manor.!
Get me to peterbrough 😆

Pretty sure the resave your profile thing is related to the club's CRM system rather than the Ticketmaster system.
I thought the whole point of the mid-season change to the CRM was to make a single sign-on type thing work i.e. just one log in whether you wanted tickets or club shop.

For whatever reason, when entering the ticketing site to log in, some people seem to get diverted to this page below which is causing confusion as it seems to be different to the account area on the ticketing site. Clicking 'tickets' does end up taking you to the right place, but potentially after a couple more loops.
That's the bit that needs fixing, just take people to the area of the website that they logged on for anyway!

View attachment 19349
You've been doing a great job explaining some pretty technical stuff in plain English.

Back
Top Bottom