Away Match Build Up 18/05/2024: L1 Play-Off Final - Bolton vs Oxford

Who Will Be Playing Championship Football Next Year?

• Bolton

Votes: 33 24.6%
  • Oxford

Votes: 101 75.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carpy

Staff member
Last edited by a moderator:
Where does this rank in our biggest ever games? Must be top 10, possibly top 3?

Where does this rank in our biggest ever games? Must be top 10, possibly top 3?
You can't really rank these things. Would be up there with Milk Cup Final, Arsenal 3-0, York, Tranmere, and unfortunately Wycombe. and Orient Thing is that these are big in terms of the consequences as opposed to games like Man Utd, Newcastle, Everton, Arsenal in the League Cup or symbolic matches like Barrow in '62 or WBA in '85.

Nearly there guys, not long to wait for the game now. Don’t know about you but how long has this week been since we both qualified and we even have to wait until 4:15 to kick off, that’s just adding to the pain? Anyway, for those who are in any way superstitious Wanderers have never lost a play off final when they’ve finished third so I’m hoping we don’t break that run tomorrow. The one thing you can always count on with Wanderers is that we always make things harder than they need to be. Look at the Barnsley semi final and also the 95 Reading final giving them a two goal start plus a penalty, fortunately saved brilliantly, so however the game goes tomorrow you can bet it will be close. I know only the winners can really enjoy the day so I can’t wish you luck but I think promotion means more to our club than maybe Oxford given where we were just a few years ago. Only 15 clubs have spent more years in the top flight in their history than Wanderers and we need this next step to getting back there so go easy on us, you can have your day next year? 😁

Nearly there guys, not long to wait for the game now. Don’t know about you but how long has this week been since we both qualified and we even have to wait until 4:15 to kick off, that’s just adding to the pain? Anyway, for those who are in any way superstitious Wanderers have never lost a play off final when they’ve finished third so I’m hoping we don’t break that run tomorrow. The one thing you can always count on with Wanderers is that we always make things harder than they need to be. Look at the Barnsley semi final and also the 95 Reading final giving them a two goal start plus a penalty, fortunately saved brilliantly, so however the game goes tomorrow you can bet it will be close. I know only the winners can really enjoy the day so I can’t wish you luck but I think promotion means more to our club than maybe Oxford given where we were just a few years ago. Only 15 clubs have spent more years in the top flight in their history than Wanderers and we need this next step to getting back there so go easy on us, you can have your day next year? 😁
They always ruin it.

“Promotion means more to our club than Oxford”

What a load of utter s**t.

You spent a year or two in L2. How about four in the Conference? How about having the ownership of your own ground removed and then being forced to pay millions to play in a three sided s**t hole?

Have a s**t day.

I think promotion means more to our club than maybe Oxford given where we were just a few years ago. Only 15 clubs have spent more years in the top flight in their history than Wanderers
It'll mean more to you to get into the Championship because you're so used to being in the top flight?

They always ruin it.

“Promotion means more to our club than Oxford”

What a load of utter s**t.

You spent a year or two in L2. How about four in the Conference? How about having the ownership of your own ground removed and then being forced to pay millions to play in a three sided s**t hole?

Have a s**t day.
I am inclined to agree with this. There have been more than a few "entitled" clubs claiming that they have some divine right to advance. The truth is, they are where they are because of how they played. They are there because they were not good enough.

To even suggest that we "go easy" is insulting and patronising. Sorry, @Farmer-Cee , you've just lost any respect I, for one, may have had for you.

Hi Oxford fans. IM A barnsley fan, best of luck on sunday. I grew up in barnsley, but I was born and spent my first 4 years in Cowley, Oxford. The JPT final for me was a perfect final oxford v barnsley. Spoke to so many O's fans at wembley. I hope you beat Bolton, we could of won through in 2nd leg, bad 1st leg. Come on u oxford.

At Wembley we had
1986 East end
2010 West end
2016 East end
2017 East end
2020 the sofa at home
2024 West end

Both Billy Joel and the Pet shop boys could of improved their songs by throwing in a bit about sofa for a bit of variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom