Away Match Day Thread 18/05/2024: L1 Play-Off Final - Bolton vs Oxford

MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
wasnโ€™t going to post this, but what little credibility I have here will now be gone, but this is a true story. Popped into a local shop to buy some streamers and walked past some shelves of ribbon. Bought some yellow ones. Got back to the car where the Mrs (only seen us twice) was keeping the dog company and handed it over to her. She says โ€œWhatโ€™s that for?โ€

You can guess the rest.

Roughly 1am-6am here.

Iโ€™m too young for the Milk Cup era.
For me, itโ€™s got to be the trio of goal scorers from 2010. Matt Green for getting the first. James Constable to then add to an already awesome tally of goals for the season. And Alfie Potter for scoring the most memorable goal of the afternoon, season and probably ever in the history of football. Winning the game for us when York were getting back into it.

I always thought that Green and Constable didnโ€™t get enough credit for what were a pair of absolutely outrageous finishes at that level.

Iโ€™m genuinely not nervous about today the only time in this play off campaign that I have been is the last 15 minutes of the second leg . I donโ€™t know why but Iโ€™ve been calm and relaxed about it all

Now saying that @ 16:15 this afternoon I might be hiding under my seat ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Iโ€™m genuinely not nervous about today the only time in this play off campaign that I have been is the last 15 minutes of the second leg . I donโ€™t know why but Iโ€™ve been calm and relaxed about it all

Now saying that @ 16:15 this afternoon I might be hiding under my seat ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Iโ€™m exactly the same. What will be will be but I have got faith in Des and players.
I donโ€™t think it is going to be a pretty game but I predict a 2-1 win to the yellows or we get through on penaltyโ€™s!

COYY

Enjoy the day everyone. Stay healthy and bring home whatever piece of cheap silverware is awarded. Let's make sure we put on a great show for all the naysayers.

COYY

Good luck Oxford - Iโ€™m going with a 3-1 win to Bolton. Havenโ€™t got one right in the last three or four games and hoping this prediction will be no different!! Enjoy all!

whatever happens today, it will have been a good season.

But my goodness, I want us to win so incredibly much! Not slept much and just canโ€™t wait to get amongst it in the big smoke with the yellow army.

Weโ€™ve been up and down the country and it all comes down to one game, on neutral ground with us arguably in better form.

2-1 Oxford Brannagan to score anytime.

Enjoy it lads and lasses. Up the Ox!

Fairly relaxed, we are underdogs and arguably we have much less to lose.

I would be happy if we gave it a proper go.

I will be racing down the M40/A40 around 12 o clock.

Not been nervous about this all week, and weirdly still feeling calm. That will change as soon as we get inside the stadium, and the goosebumps will appear, but will quickly go away when them lads walk out on to the pitch.

We will be singing our hearts out for the lads.

I can see a fairy tale finish to the season.

20 minutes of my night shift to complete, before trying to get 90 minutes sleep, then up, changed and on the train ready for a briefing ahead of volunteer duties pregame! Kept busy and felt ok until about an hour ago, now nervous as hell!!! Just hoping to enjoy the moment and soak everything in, but a win will be so much f*****g sweeter!

Every scenario possible has gone through my head the past few days! As excited as I am part of me just wants this stress over and done with, back to normality, and us in the Championship!!! Iโ€™m nervously confident (if thatโ€™s possible!!} โ€ฆ. 2-1 to us, Brannagan both, one from the spot!

Come on you yellows , Oxford fans already on the move at Oxford parkway & town..
COME ON THE MANOR๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿป๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’…

Itโ€™s going to be one hell of a day, whatever the result.

Feeling proud, tinged with lots of nervous excitement.

As a side note, BBC sports report a few mins ago mention Boxing, WSL, Rugy, Golf, Southampton but not a single mention about the L1 playoff final!! - arseholes.

Back
Top Bottom