World Cup 4/12/2022: Knockout - England v Senegal: 1900

Who will win

• England

Votes: 30 90.9%
  • Senegal

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Atleast Oxford's game vs Accrington will be on Saturday at 3pm.

England should have too much for Senegal.

Last edited:
Senegal were no mugs V Ecuador ( it was Ecuador wasnt it?) - If England play how they did 2nd half v Wales & V Iran - bar last 10 mins, ALL game, it should be an England win.... if England play like they did v USA , Senegal may edge it

It won't be an easy game. My prediction is 0-0 snooze-fest after 90 mins, with England winning it with a scrappy goal from Harry Maguire.

3-1 kane X2 rashford we stroll through into the next round

This will be no cakewalk. They are extremely fit and see this as their big moment.
Every one of their players are well aware of the riches that await if they can catch the eye of some European club and there are few bigger shop windows than England in the knockout stages.
We will need to click into gear early and stay there.

I’d make one change. Alexander-Arnold in for Walker (who I’d save for the Mbappe test in the last 8 after his long term injury)

Pickford
TAA Stones Maguire Shaw
Henderson Rice Bellingham
Rashford Kane Foden

Every one of their players are well aware of the riches that await if they can catch the eye of some European club and there are few bigger shop windows than England in the knockout stages.

Errrr.....every member of the Senegal team that started the last match plays in the Premier League, Championship, La Liga, Serie A, Bundeliga or Ligue 1 already......
Seven of them have been transferred for north of 6.5m quid in their careers, and five of them for more than 20m.

A collection of unknowns like Cameroon 1990 these guys ain't. This is a well established group of top European-based pros.

England should have too much for them, because we have a much better front five, but it'll be tight; and if you offered me to trade our GK and two CBs for theirs, I'd do it in a heartbeat!

• React
Reactions: m
African champions. Write off at peril.Take the handbrake off Southgate, Kane to break his duck, Maguire from corner.
Out in next round though.

I really don’t know what counts as a handball any more.

England were very lucky there.

Back
Top Bottom