• Senegal

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
Netherlands are top and have Qatar, so will finish top

Ecuador are second, Senegal 3rd. They play each other. A draw and it’s Ecuador, or the winner of the game.

Who would you rather have?

For me, Senegal. So we need to finish top!

Dutch goalkeeping options. Their first choice nearly retired when he didnt have a club nearly a year ago.

Nothing to fear from any of them at all.

63422162-25A7-456C-A472-94F7FD60AF64.jpeg

Don`t count your chickens on England getting to that stage.................

What are the odds on a Welsh 4-0 win? :D

Honestly, Ecuador have looked the best of the three through two games. Very unlucky not to beat the Dutch yesterday.

Dutch are good defensively but don't look all that going forwards at all. And you could say exactly the same thing about Senegal.

There's an argument, though, that it might not be the worst thing to finish second in our group (just like four years ago).

Firstly because that will probably mean the Dutch in the last 16 (and they don't look scary), but more because it means avoiding France in the QFs. I know I was rude about them before the tournament started, but Mbappe is absolutely on fire at the moment and looks the best player at the World Cup by a distance. Imagining Trippier and Maguire trying to defend against him is not a happy thought.

Honestly, Ecuador have looked the best of the three through two games. Very unlucky not to beat the Dutch yesterday.

Dutch are good defensively but don't look all that going forwards at all. And you could say exactly the same thing about Senegal.

There's an argument, though, that it might not be the worst thing to finish second in our group (just like four years ago).

Firstly because that will probably mean the Dutch in the last 16 (and they don't look scary), but more because it means avoiding France in the QFs. I know I was rude about them before the tournament started, but Mbappe is absolutely on fire at the moment and looks the best player at the World Cup by a distance. Imagining Trippier and Maguire trying to defend against him is not a happy thought.
The best way to deal with mbappe Is kick him and hard leave a mark on him he's not like Messi more like neymar

The best way to deal with mbappe Is kick him and hard leave a mark on him he's not like Messi more like neymar

Not sure that Harry Maguire would be able to get close enough to kick him!

But seriously, I'm really not sure you can compare Mbappe to Messi or Neymar. They're both mostly about mad skills and passing range. Mbappe is about pure speed, acceleration and athleticism. I'm not even sure his touch is that great, but it doesn't have to be because over ten yards, he's two yards quicker than any defender he's facing.

Not sure that Harry Maguire would be able to get close enough to kick him!

But seriously, I'm really not sure you can compare Mbappe to Messi or Neymar. They're both mostly about mad skills and passing range. Mbappe is about pure speed, acceleration and athleticism. I'm not even sure his touch is that great, but it doesn't have to be because over ten yards, he's two yards quicker than any defender he's facing.
I still say kick him also walker is no slouch I reckon you put walker on him and get Maguire to kick him 🤣

Awwwww, the little darlings don`t like being booed........ :ROFLMAO:

The story doesn't say that at all. Rashford is saying that "we don't need fans to boo us to know we have not played well. It was a feeling that was mutual among the group - that we could have done better".

He is saying that he agrees with the fan's assessment in that they didn't play well.

Little worried now if we do win the group and end up playing Senegal. They look very strong defensively, and big and powerful throughout their side.

Doesn't have the feel of a good matchup for England. Likely be a tight game.......

Little worried now if we do win the group and end up playing Senegal. They look very strong defensively, and big and powerful throughout their side.

Doesn't have the feel of a good matchup for England. Likely be a tight game.......
Feeling the same, I think Netherlands look to be the team to play, although we can't do that unless we let Wales have a result tonight and I know way too many whining Welsh to want anything other than a comprehensive England win.

USA was our blip now bring on any opponent Netherlands or Senegal we will send them home whilst we continue our quest to be champions of the world

Meh, need to be unafraid of facing anyone at any point if we're serious.

And if we're not, why prolong the agony?

The same Senegal team that lost to the Dutch are the ones to be avoided? It changes from game to game, they looked more dangerous because they played Qatar and Ecuador.

Bloody hell, if we can’t beat Senegal who finished second in their group then we may as well go home now (well, we will go home in fact.) They have some decent players but let’s be honest, so do we.

Back
Top Bottom