Home Match Day Thread 01/04/2024: L1 OUFC v Fleetwood Town

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, since the turn of the year apart from the first game on 1st Jan, Lincoln have played 15 games, winning 10 and drawing 5, no losses!, so taking 35 points out of possible 45 (so averaging 2.33 points/game!). In that time they’ve scored 31 goals and conceded 5 goals (+26 GD). They’ve also achieved 10 clean sheets!

In contrast, we’ve won 4, drawn 6 and lost 5, so 18 points out of a possible 45 (so averaging 1.2 points/game!). In this time we’ve scored 22 goals and conceded 23 (-1 GD). We’ve achieved 3 clean sheets out of 15 games!!

Nailed on to beat them then 😂.

I think in all honesty Lincoln will take that final spot. Given our form, we are more likely to slip up rather than them.

But we still have a ticket, so all is not lost.

3 wins in the last 5 is a step up.. Had that form been matched in the last 26 games it would have been 15 wins rather than 8.

We’ve made it much harder than it needed to be but I just hope we get to Lincoln still in the frame, and making full use of home advantage.

We can only hope. What’s done is done, we have a minimum of 5 cup finals to go.

Main difference today is we followed up the first goal with a second which we’ve time and again not done

That will undoubtedly be Des's legacy - sitting on a one goal lead. Yesterday, he changed though and should be applauded for finally taking the handbrake off. Whether it's come too late, time will tell, but at long last there was a positive to our performance.

So, since the turn of the year apart from the first game on 1st Jan, Lincoln have played 15 games, winning 10 and drawing 5, no losses!, so taking 35 points out of possible 45 (so averaging 2.33 points/game!). In that time they’ve scored 31 goals and conceded 5 goals (+26 GD). They’ve also achieved 10 clean sheets!

In contrast, we’ve won 4, drawn 6 and lost 5, so 18 points out of a possible 45 (so averaging 1.2 points/game!). In this time we’ve scored 22 goals and conceded 23 (-1 GD). We’ve achieved 3 clean sheets out of 15 games!!
Their performance levels seem to be dropping off a little.
Yesterday Carlisle had 19 shots v Lincoln (7 on target)- a lot more than Lincoln.
Winning is, of course, what matters, but the question is whether Lincoln can keep it going.
Hopefully Reading do them on Saturday in time for our game against them.

I think a win yesterday was pretty much a given.

Fleetwood are quite possibly the worst side I've watched (using the eye test) in L1 in years. I don't think I've ever seen so many attempted passes just go off the pitch in one game.

I think a win yesterday was pretty much a given.

Fleetwood are quite possibly the worst side I've watched (using the eye test) in L1 in years. I don't think I've ever seen so many attempted passes just go off the pitch in one game.
On their recent results it wasn't a given.
They beat Wigan and drew with Strevenage and Charlton in the past 6 games.
They has only conceded 8 in their last 7 games.
So whilst they were poor yesterday, no team had hammered them.like we did since Charlie Adam took.over.

Their performance levels seem to be dropping off a little.
Yesterday Carlisle had 19 shots v Lincoln (7 on target)- a lot more than Lincoln.
Winning is, of course, what matters, but the question is whether Lincoln can keep it going.
Hopefully Reading do them on Saturday in time for our game against them.

There's only 5 games left, I think they'll keep it going from here on in. Don't think there will be any massive falling away from here but you never know. Our game against them does look a massive fixture and very likely a 'must win' that actually, for once, means 'must win' for us. There's every chance a draw will do for them so the pressure will be on us to take the game to them.

On their recent results it wasn't a given.
They beat Wigan and drew with Strevenage and Charlton in the past 6 games.
They has only conceded 8 in their last 7 games.
So whilst they were poor yesterday, no team had hammered them.like we did since Charlie Adam took.over.
I'm surprised.

I looked at their starting 11 yesterday and was immediately surprised by just how poor it was. They had some decent players on the bench but it's not a shock they're going down based on their squad.

Their number 2 had some decent moments when he came on but other than that, they were truly awful.

Who was their right sided player who was getting caned by the North Stand second half and what had he done/said to get them riled?

Who was their right sided player who was getting caned by the North Stand second half and what had he done/said to get them riled?
He was called Rooney, he had a bit of back and forth with Murphy early on but then I think he just wasn’t very good so they started giving him the Rooney chant.

• React
Reactions: m
Why on earth ,did we have two big sections in the North stand empty, they knew they wouldn't be bringing many fans. They could of filled them up with complimentary tickets ,distributed from community groups & schools from all over Oxfordshire . Perfect game for it, playoff push, bank holiday, a chance to gather new fans.
If we don't get over 10,000 for three home matches,against playoff rival's,that probably bring decent support.
That will be disappointing...
Wouldn't suprise me & this would of never of happened years ago, especially at the manor. That they will out sing us & probably bring a drum. I studied the east stand yesterday, & I think there's a lot of fans that need to be put out to pastures new in the ground. Fill it up with the young Who want leap & bound about.. it needs energising... It looks like a load of ex London Roaders ,that should of retired to the beach road ,years ago.
If you know what I mean 😉

He was called Rooney, he had a bit of back and forth with Murphy early on but then I think he just wasn’t very good so they started giving him the Rooney chant.

Yup, that's how I saw it.

Why on earth ,did we have two big sections in the North stand empty, they knew they wouldn't be bringing many fans. They could of filled them up with complimentary tickets ,distributed from community groups & schools from all over Oxfordshire . Perfect game for it, playoff push, bank holiday, a chance to gather new fans.
If we don't get over 10,000 for three home matches,against playoff rival's,that probably bring decent support.
That will be disappointing...
Wouldn't suprise me & this would of never of happened years ago, especially at the manor. That they will out sing us & probably bring a drum. I studied the east stand yesterday, & I think there's a lot of fans that need to be put out to pastures new in the ground. Fill it up with the young Who want leap & bound about.. it needs energising... It looks like a load of ex London Roaders ,that should of retired to the beach road ,years ago.
If you know what I mean 😉
You, like a few others on this forum, look at The Manor through rose tinted glasses.
I suggest you have a look at the attendances for the 1995/96 season. Surely a fair comparison?
Yes, the atmosphere was certainly better but the crowds now at The Kassam are bigger (it’s the demographic which has changed).
I preferred the buzz at The Manor, but let’s not forget that place in its latter years was a crumbling dump, and we couldn’t wait to leave it.
But yes, the East Stand does need “energising.”

You, like a few others on this forum, look at The Manor through rose tinted glasses.
I suggest you have a look at the attendances for the 1995/96 season. Surely a fair comparison?
Yes, the atmosphere was certainly better but the crowds now at The Kassam are bigger (it’s the demographic which has changed).
I preferred the buzz at The Manor, but let’s not forget that place in its latter years was a crumbling dump, and we couldn’t wait to leave it.
But yes, the East Stand does need “energising.”
Mmmmmm whose we??????
I can definitely tell you me ,my mate's & associates & generations of family members did not , couldn't wait to leave the place. Do you think any Headington born & bred wanted to move from it's spiritual home???
Trust me & I know one hell of a lot of fellow yellows, old, young & new & sadly no longer with us.. the amount of people what's never attended or rarely attended the k****m says it all for me... On all different aspects, of reasons.i look through the manor days in Reality. A Thousand times better memories, than the k***m, on all levels..this forum is not a indicator of what most people on the street think. I personally think this forum is more of a exile's forum...

Mmmmmm whose we??????
I can definitely tell you me ,my mate's & associates & generations of family members did not , couldn't wait to leave the place. Do you think any Headington born & bred wanted to move from it's spiritual home???
Trust me & I know one hell of a lot of fellow yellows, old, young & new & sadly no longer with us.. the amount of people what's never attended or rarely attended the k****m says it all for me... On all different aspects, of reasons.i look through the manor days in Reality. A Thousand times better memories, than the k***m, on all levels..this forum is not a indicator of what most people on the street think. I personally think this forum is more of a exile's forum...
However more people go to the Kassam than went to the Manor.

I also know people who refuse to go to the Kassam, they tend to be miserable types who complain about everything. Maybe they'll be attracted to the new ground but I suspect they'll find another reason to moan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom