Home Match Build Up 01/04/24 - L1: OUFC v Fleetwood Town

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does anyone know if the ticket office open before the fleetwood game? I’m trying to upgrade my season ticket for a corporate ticket to join some friends. The website comes up with an error, contact ticket office.
I know it’s Easter and all but I thought they would want a few extra notes to put against the 6 mil.

Does anyone know if the ticket office open before the fleetwood game? I’m trying to upgrade my season ticket for a corporate ticket to join some friends. The website comes up with an error, contact ticket office.
I know it’s Easter and all but I thought they would want a few extra notes to put against the 6 mil.
It will be online sales only now unless you want to pick a ticket up on the day but that costs more.

3-0 win to the yellows!

Cumming
Stevens Moore Brown Bennett
Brannagan
Rodrigues Goodhram
Dale Harris Murphy​

Subs: Eastwood, Long, Leigh, McEachran, Bodin, Henry, Browne

You would drop Bennett and Dale who have been excellent in the last 2 games?
McGuane will be lucky if he makes the bench again let alone starts a game again this season.

Leigh gives us a more attacking option at home to a side 2nd bottom.

Dale is a brilliant hard worker but think he lacks end product, cutting edge. Think we will have a lot of chances Monday so would prefer Goodrham who’s proven this season he’s got goals in him.

McGuane gives the midfield far more control. The removal of him is baffling and stinks of desperation by the manager.

Cumming

Stevens Morre Brown Leigh

Brannagan McGuane

Dale Bodin Murphy

Harris

I would consider starting both Harris and Goodwin at the expense of Bodin if he is fit, but I don't think he'll be able to play from the start.

RR needs to be taken out. Has been consistently ineffective for a while now, but seams undroppable for some reason.

We started with a very attacking team on paper at Shrewsbury but we were still very slow and laborious in our play. We need to get the ball forward earlier and with more purpose from the minute one. Hopefully with the likes of Browne, Goodrham and Goodwin on the bench we will have more than able replacements if the attacking players tire.

We must be about the only team in the EFL going into the last half dozen games of the season with only one recognised and proper central midfielder (with one other possibly on the bench) and no recognised β€œproper” centre forward. It’s no wonder we aren’t stringing results together consistently.

Not withstanding that we should be fired up and hammering Fleetwood.

IMG_1842.jpeg

Get two up top, get more players in the box and give the wingers more to aim for with their crosses.

Get Smyth in the middle, keeping things ticking over, and allowing Cam more freedom to get forward.

Get Eastwood back in goal, ok, so he has his faults, but he’s so much better than Cumming, who’s bloody awful.

Long ain’t up to it at this level, that much is clear, but Stevens is even worse, an absolutely terrible player, so we have no choice but to stick with Long.

Not much between Leigh and Bennett, but Leigh will offer more going forward, so he gets the nod for me.

That said, Des just at least needs to do something that gets the crowd interested, because I’m literally falling asleep during games with his lame boring tactics.

Let’s go for the throat and get some positivity around the place again

Seems Stevens is out of favour and cant even get ion the bench, not bad for someone who has just captained Wales U21

We must be about the only team in the EFL going into the last half dozen games of the season with only one recognised and proper central midfielder
We have four available. Brannagan, McEachran, McGuane, Smyth. Whether they’re all good enough or Buckingham is willing to use them is another matter, but the bodies are there.

Brentford B used to play Stevens as a defensive midfielder on occasion. You can see why given he’s tenacious and has a good first touch, and hits a decent pass.

The ticket office will be open Monday morning and the staff are very good at resolving most issues. However, they also deserve time off over this weekend like the rest of us.

Eastwood
Dale Moore Brown Leigh
McGaune Smyth Brannagan
Browne Harris Murphy

Leigh gives us a more attacking option at home to a side 2nd bottom.

Dale is a brilliant hard worker but think he lacks end product, cutting edge. Think we will have a lot of chances Monday so would prefer Goodrham who’s proven this season he’s got goals in him.

McGuane gives the midfield far more control. The removal of him is baffling and stinks of desperation by the manager.
McGuane being removed is due to his very poor form for some time.
Many on here were calling for it. It certainly isn't baffling to me.

Back
Top Bottom