World Cup 10/12/22: Quarter Finals: England v France

Who will win?

• England

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • France

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
7pm kick off .....will the home game v Barnsley kick off time be moved?

Sterling has flown home due to a break in at his mansion. Armed robbers whilst his family were in the property. Sounds horrific.

I wonder if he will return?

Last edited:
Sterling has flown home due to a break in at his mansion. Armed robbers whilst his family were in the property. Sounds horrific.

I wonder if he will return?
That is the England squad 2 men light now

That is the England squad 2 men light now

We took 26 and only have a maximum of 3 games left so I think we will be alright.

Strange one, unless he is going all Liam Neeson not really much you can do after a break in but claim the insurance.

You can get at this French team. They basically play four out-and-out attackers (Griezman is allegedly a midfielder, but he can't defend). Fullbacks are better going forwards than they are defensively as well. Poland found plenty of pockets of space in dangerous positions today - they were just too rubbish to take advantage of any of them.

The challenge - to state the obvious - is how to come up with a strategy to stop Mbappe. Been comfortably the best forward in Qatar to this point.

This will be a hard tough game but if we can beat France there is no reason why we can’t go all the way.
I agree. I think France are the only real formidable challenge at this World Cup. Otherwise I think England have enough quality to edge past most of what’s left in the tournament.
France will be favourites, and rightly so, if England can get through this match I think we could be on for some history being made.
I think there’s a very strong chance the winners on Saturday will go on to lift the trophy.

Just read Sterling is on his way back home as his house was burgled and thinking of his 3 children Southgate has let him go home whether that is for the length of the WC or just to see how things are then return it hasn’t been said

You can get at this French team. They basically play four out-and-out attackers (Griezman is allegedly a midfielder, but he can't defend). Fullbacks are better going forwards than they are defensively as well. Poland found plenty of pockets of space in dangerous positions today - they were just too rubbish to take advantage of any of them.

The challenge - to state the obvious - is how to come up with a strategy to stop Mbappe. Been comfortably the best forward in Qatar to this point.

Man to man mark him with Kyle Walker. Probably our fastest player, then put Mbappe on his left foot = problem solved.

I agree. I think France are the only real formidable challenge at this World Cup. Otherwise I think England have enough quality to edge past most of what’s left in the tournament.
France will be favourites, and rightly so, if England can get through this match I think we could be on for some history being made.
I think there’s a very strong chance the winners on Saturday will go on to lift the trophy.
You don’t think Brazil would be a challenge? They look decent to me, especially if Neymar is back fit and firing

You don’t think Brazil would be a challenge? They look decent to me, especially if Neymar is back fit and firing

Portugal with Ronaldo
Argentina with Messi
Netherlands with Van Gaal
Spain who keep the ball brilliantly
Never write off Croatia

Mbappe is a level above every other player for both nations (other than Benzema who is, perhaps fortunately for us, injured). Other than Mbappe we are quite close in terms of quality. I'd say their keeper and centre backs are better, the full backs are similar quality, but our midfield is better - Bellingham is going to be fighting Mbappe for the ballon d'or in a few years. I think we probably just about edge the attack because Kane, Foden, Saka, Grealish and Rashford are all better than the France attack aside from Mbappe and possibly Dembele this season.

This game has the potential to be the game of the tournament, with brilliant attacks and sometimes iffy defences on both sides - which means it'll probably be a cagey 0-0 that gets decided on penalties. Whoever wins this game probably becomes favourites to meet Brazil in the final (although Spain look great this year too). Stop Mbappe and that can be us.

Back
Top Bottom