World Cup 10/12/22: Quarter Finals: England v France

Who will win?

• England

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • France

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Played well but lacked those ' killer ' moments .
Can argue about pens but we wouldn't have scored without dreadful rash defending from the French. We were not going to score from any of the pen shouts .

Once again a failure at a major tournament. They've got a long way to go to even think about, getting anywhere near the successful nations. Brazil, Germany, Italy, France, & Spain.Throw a few other countries into the mix as well. Mmmmmm yeah football's really coming home.

Last edited:
Once again a failure at a major tournament. They've got a long way to go to even think about, getting anywhere near the successful nations. Brazil, Germany, Italy, France, & Spain.Through a few other countries into the mix as well. Mmmmmm yeah football's really coming home.

Brazil- knocked out in the quarterfinals
Germany- knocked out in the first round
Italy-didn’t qualify
Spain-knocked out in the second round.

Brazil- knocked out in the quarterfinals
Germany- knocked out in the first round
Italy-didn’t qualify
Spain-knocked out in the second round.
What on earth are you on about??? Do you know how many major titles those countries have won between them. Compared to England's one & only in 66.

But we are talking about today's teams. All those lands were good teams but only France is still up there. Other lands are coming on strong now, Europe's highs are gone.

What on earth are you on about??? Do you know how many major titles those countries have won between them. Compared to England's one & only in 66.

Fairly obvious what I am on about, have you not followed this World Cup at all? What can Southgate and this squad do about the past? They matched or did better than 4 of the 5 teams you put down.

But we are talking about today's teams. All those lands were good teams but only France is still up there. Other lands are coming on strong now, Europe's highs are gone.
Yes point taken, but England lost to Italy last year.. I can guarantee they will comeback again. France& Argentina still in competition. Spain a young & up & coming team.I would never ever rule Germany & Brazil not coming back as well..If England failed at the last two major competitions, when every one else is so called weaker, when are they going to win it??? To me it's the same old same old..

Fairly obvious what I am on about, have you not followed this World Cup at all? What can Southgate and this squad do about the past? They matched or did better than 4 of the 5 teams you put down.
Excatly can't do nothing about being a failure in the past. The same as we've been a failure in the present.Who knows what can happen in the future, I'm not clairvoyant???

Yes point taken, but England lost to Italy last year.. I can guarantee they will comeback again. France& Argentina still in competition. Spain a young & up & coming team.I would never ever rule Germany & Brazil not coming back as well..If England failed at the last two major competitions, when every one else is so called weaker, when are they going to win it??? To me it's the same old same old..

Swap Argentina and England from each other’s groups and England would be a semi final team about to line up against Croatia and Argentina would be out, by my reckoning.

Once again, England have simply met the best team in this World Cup at the QF stage and not the SF as their talent deserves. A more favourable draw and I think they could have gone a match further.

As it is, they finish 6th based on FIFA’s weird algorithm.

Excatly can't do nothing about being a failure in the past. The same as we've been a failure in the present.Who knows what can happen in the future, I'm not clairvoyant???

Really 🤪

For some reason I had to read that in a Steve McLaren voice. :) :)

Swap Argentina and England from each other’s groups and England would be a semi final team about to line up against Croatia and Argentina would be out, by my reckoning.

Once again, England have simply met the best team in this World Cup at the QF stage and not the SF as their talent deserves. A more favourable draw and I think they could have gone a match further.

As it is, they finish 6th based on FIFA’s weird algorithm.
Hypothetically speaking, is not reality I'm afraid..

Anyhow I'm a club man ,above anything else. Up the manor keep the faith, 🤘

Hypothetically speaking, is not reality I'm afraid..

Indeed. That’s why I added ‘by my reckoning’. The quality yesterday was a match befitting a semi final. It simply came one match earlier.

Seemingly the rest of the world (barring those who always wish England to lose) appeared to think we did well, ran the world champions close and can exit with our heads held high. Olivier Giroud was very complimentary of England.

Only in England are some quarters going after the manager.

Really ?
The South Americans of Brazil and Argentina have always been strongest outside Europe.
Morocco have defended well but hardly sparkling , Australia, one of the other African nations surely will challenge but not really changing much.
Most of the Morocco players born in Europe and brought up in the European club systems .
Japan, Sth Korea about but remember Nth Korea got in the 1/4 finals in England way back . USA beat us in 1950 .

Back
Top Bottom