Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wandering Yellow

Sorry I can't wait for ref watch, one of the biggest farces I've ever seen today in 22 years an Oxford fan.

Did anyone in the stadium, except the ref, see Sparky do anything?

First was never a yellow for Leigh, so unfairly sent off for a "second" yellow.

Guessing at decisions he didn't see all the way through, cost us our lead striker for 3 games and Leigh for one.

How is this good enough in a professional game?

Where is the justice? The referees have no case to answer. They don't have to justify their decisions, still get paid. I'm tired of the media talking about "abuse" of referees. They get protected like no other industry.

We lose 3 points and 2 players because of this moron, he'll be tucking into his dinner happy as Larry tonight. Zero consequences, no case to answer.

To be honest how many players missplace a pass or misstime tackles. The ref will have had an assessor in the stand for his employers the FA. If they think he has had a bad they they will act. How many times do we see players backed up by their employer when they have a bad day?

I guess we all get caught up in the heat of the moment, but from the East stand I didn’t see the Harris incident, a telephone caller said it was an elbow to the defenders chest? Manning said a stamp?….will need to see any highlights again,,,,but am getting really fed up with these L1 refs and assistants in a lot of games over the last couple of seasons. A lot of people in this cost of living issue are paying out good money to be entertained and it’s getting ruined by these inconsistent officials. The offside incident with the linesman just before the sending off was a joke and even young Tyler was questioning him …. feel sorry for Leigh who nearly had a perfect full debut…. again robbed by the ref for the first booking that surely wasn’t a booking… we go again ..COYY

The officials were so far below acceptable to have influenced the outcome of not just today's game but future games as well.
Inconsistent and incompetent.

This ref was a cheating c**t some of his decision were just plain wrong.. you see I wouldn't have a problem with him sending our players off of he was fair and done the same to the vale players the penalty I couldn't see to be honest

An absolute disgrace of a match official , his assitants were equally bad and complicit . Totally incosistant. Nathan Smith IS the professor Snape of L1,master of the dark arts ...Purkiss fell for it hook line and sinker

1 from me ( only because for continuity theres no 0 mark )

Last edited:
Sorry I can't wait for ref watch, one of the biggest farces I've ever seen today in 22 years an Oxford fan.

Did anyone in the stadium, except the ref, see Sparky do anything?

First was never a yellow for Leigh, so unfairly sent off for a "second" yellow.

Guessing at decisions he didn't see all the way through, cost us our lead striker for 3 games and Leigh for one.

How is this good enough in a professional game?
Sorry ,was dropping my grandaughter off in witney after the game. With barnes rd still shut it took longer than it should have

Three key incidents for me where the referee was unarguably diabolical:

Leigh’s first yellow - never, ever a yellow card. He slips, clearly wins the ball and maybe it’s a bit dangerous so yes is a foul but never a yellow, there’s no intent and he wins the ball cleanly. Can’t argue with the second but the first is a travesty.

The foul on Brannagan - wow. Just wow. This is the worst decision of the day IF he wasn’t going to give a yellow for it. I know he eventually did, but Radio Oxford seemed to suggest that was for dissent and there was a good amount of chat and time between the foul and the card. If he’s not given a yellow for that foul then he deserves to be sacked for that alone, it’s borderline a red, let alone a yellow.

Our goal - if he wasn’t going to give a penalty for the clear drag down of our player then I dread to think what would have happened to my blood pressure had Leigh missed.

Was one of the where it was all about him - absolutely needed to be the centre of attention.

The Harris sending off was pretty arbitrary, they'd been niggling eachother all game, could easily have been either. That said, pretty dumb from Harris to hand out the opportunity.

A lot to digest there, but I'll give it a shot.

The Harris red card is (apparently) correct piecing together the evidence, sounds a bit like the Taylor getting Sean Clare sent off incident from a couple of seasons ago.
The Leigh sending off (the second booking at least) was correct.
The penalty was correct.
The free kick for their first was soft but giveable BUT was the result of him losing control of the game after the red card AND was taken from the wrong place AND followed a debatable non-offside call.
In real time, I can see why the first Leigh yellow was given (and which was backed up by further clumsiness from Leigh in the game). He slips or loses his balance going in which causes his body to go more aggressively at the man, which he definitely then got some of. Ball or no ball, it's an easy sell to an opposing player to have a roll around.

My main issue is that he completely lost control of things for a period, giving free kicks that weren't and letting others (such as the obvious pull back on Rodrigues go, also question marks as to whether that should have been a second yellow for the PV player) go. If we had a team that was more aggressive, and not just niggly (see last week's ref) then there would have been some serious issues. His rapport with the players was also shaky, at best, and he did not sell decisions well with his actions. These are the things that will be looked at critically by his assessor.

As an aside, nobody base their views on what RadOx say...they have an extremely questionable knowledge of the laws and get madly overexcited on several occasions when there's absolutely no need.

And the ball was most definitely out of play , just before the free kick for the first goal .
That said, our indiscipline clearly lost us this match .
40 to go .
Still 2pts per game -top 6 😊

Last edited:
I gave him one and that's one too many points.

That first booking for Leigh is he f£££cking serious. That second yellow cost us the game.

Missed OBVIOUS fouls for us. Was he on a wind up. The only explanation is Manning is sh@gging his wife.

I can accept being the worst team and losing. This was not the case. Totally done over by an inept referee who should be NOWHERE NEAR the professional game.

I am one of KR's biggest critics but when he called him a disgrace last season he's never been more right.

Kudos for the players not going mad at the end and getting sent off. I'd be facing a season long ban if I was on the pitch today.

When he'd realised that he blew up for the offside too early (before the player touch the ball and that the player then left the ball) AS HE MUST HAVE DONE, he should have awarded an uncontested dropball to us. But no, he had to double down on his error. Inexcusable.

He should also have reminded the linesman as to when to flag.

When he'd realised that he blew up for the offside too early (before the player touch the ball and that the player then left the ball) AS HE MUST HAVE DONE, he should have awarded an uncontested dropball to us. But no, he had to double down on his error. Inexcusable.

He should also have reminded the linesman as to when to flag.

The 'offside' incident drove me mad aswell. Completely inept refereeing

f*****g diabolical refereeing today.
I had to walk away from my seat today for the first time in years. I was livid.

Back
Top Bottom