Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I said previously that they stumbled into the correct decision. By all accounts Harris is guilty of an elbow so no chance of an appeal, I'm no expert but I doubt "they said it was a stamp but it was actually an elbow so they couldn't have known" will hold much sway with an appeal committee.

It does seem to be based on the reaction which is awful refereeing. Perhaps I'm being harsh and the lino saw it but then why the delay in calling the ref over? I didn't see the incident but did see Smith lying prone for a while before the ref did anything, it's not the sort of thing a linesman would delay telling a ref.
Didn’t think the ref spoke to the lino. As for the players and the bench they surely were looking at the ball in our half whereas Harris and Smith were in there half

think you just need to edit the opening post, at least it used to be. I see you’re not the OP this time though.

I think that the OP had been overly influenced by the ref getting so much wrong. There again, after a performance like that, he's probably quite happy to have been given an incorrect name.

I think that the OP had been overly influenced by the ref getting so much wrong. There again, after a performance like that, he's probably quite happy to have been given an incorrect name.
I didn't name the thread, it was edited by a mod/admin! I couldn't even wait until the end of the game to moan about this utter pillock the ref

I am genuinely interested as to how 2 people gave the ref a '10'.
Presumably some referee performances are better than others ( thus the different marking). Or are all referees perfect?

Right out of the Kettle school of referees, his decision making was poor, he appeared to rush into decisions which once given he is never going to reverse. Leigh's first booking, the offside were prime examples. His overall fitness was appalling so he literally stayed in or around the centre circle all game.
Unfortunately he sums up the standard of referees at our level but that is hardly surprising, what sane individual would take it up as a career or pastime. You receive constant abuse with no real support.
Our treatment of officials has to change or the situation will continue to get worse, but the officials have to be accountable on the day and should be explaining decisions. At least that would show the real level of ability.
A friend of mine had an uncle who was a League standard linesman who was regularly told by the referee to not make any important decision until he had signalled ok. Basically don't show me up in front of the assessor. They are no different to us when we work under constant assessment, they second guess what is expected not what is necessarily correct.

I am genuinely interested as to how 2 people gave the ref a '10'.
Presumably some referee performances are better than others ( thus the different marking). Or are all referees perfect?
We have Swindon/ Wycombe etc fans who have accounts on here.

Back
Top Bottom