Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Could not believe the comments from the guy who phoned in saying the ref was ok and made the right calls, all i can say is. WHAT GAME WAS HE WATCHING. He was an absolute disgrace, we have had some bad ones in the past but he has got to be one of them, never had a clue.
scored him one, only because their is no nought.

To be honest how many players missplace a pass or misstime tackles. The ref will have had an assessor in the stand for his employers the FA. If they think he has had a bad they they will act. How many times do we see players backed up by their employer when they have a bad day?
I never get this comparison between a misplaced pass etc. by a player and inconsistent incompetent refereeing when they are looking at an incident and have to make a judgement based on their knowledge of the laws of the game. Two completely different things.

It’s days like today where I’d welcome some form of VAR being brought in to the lower leagues although I doubt that would change Leigh’s 1st yellow which was a great tackle!
As for Sparky’s red, it sounds like it was him shrugging off the defender and he caught him in the chest so he has raised his arms, the issue I have is that the ref made the call due to the reaction of the bench who said it was a stamp! How can you give a red if none of the officials have seen it and it’s just on the say so of a teams staff?! It changed the game completely.
He has previous with us after last season and sending Bodin off. I’d suggest it might be in his and the leagues best interests if he never refs one of our games again!

Referee had such a bad performance he's changed his identity....
I blame predictive text- though ultimately twas my typo ! ( once a thread title posted I believe only the moderators can change it?) though Sam Purkiss should change his identity , he is invariably poor in our games if memory serves

A lot to digest there, but I'll give it a shot.

The Harris red card is (apparently) correct piecing together the evidence, sounds a bit like the Taylor getting Sean Clare sent off incident from a couple of seasons ago.
The Leigh sending off (the second booking at least) was correct.
The penalty was correct.
The free kick for their first was soft but giveable BUT was the result of him losing control of the game after the red card AND was taken from the wrong place AND followed a debatable non-offside call.
In real time, I can see why the first Leigh yellow was given (and which was backed up by further clumsiness from Leigh in the game). He slips or loses his balance going in which causes his body to go more aggressively at the man, which he definitely then got some of. Ball or no ball, it's an easy sell to an opposing player to have a roll around.

My main issue is that he completely lost control of things for a period, giving free kicks that weren't and letting others (such as the obvious pull back on Rodrigues go, also question marks as to whether that should have been a second yellow for the PV player) go. If we had a team that was more aggressive, and not just niggly (see last week's ref) then there would have been some serious issues. His rapport with the players was also shaky, at best, and he did not sell decisions well with his actions. These are the things that will be looked at critically by his assessor.

As an aside, nobody base their views on what RadOx say...they have an extremely questionable knowledge of the laws and get madly overexcited on several occasions when there's absolutely no need.

^^^^ this in the cold light of day and without the tinted glasses.

To be honest how many players missplace a pass or misstime tackles. The ref will have had an assessor in the stand for his employers the FA. If they think he has had a bad they they will act. How many times do we see players backed up by their employer when they have a bad day?
thing is at L1 level (and below) do the FA actually act? seems to me they live up to their initials, and do sweet fa

It’s days like today where I’d welcome some form of VAR being brought in to the lower leagues although I doubt that would change Leigh’s 1st yellow which was a great tackle!
As for Sparky’s red, it sounds like it was him shrugging off the defender and he caught him in the chest so he has raised his arms, the issue I have is that the ref made the call due to the reaction of the bench who said it was a stamp! How can you give a red if none of the officials have seen it and it’s just on the say so of a teams staff?! It changed the game completely.
He has previous with us after last season and sending Bodin off. I’d suggest it might be in his and the leagues best interests if he never refs one of our games again!
Fixed it for you, Steve. Why should other teams have to suffer?

On second thoughts, he can ref all of the Scum's games from now on.

It’s very strange to me how, had Leigh’s bookings happened to have occurred the other way around, all the people saying it was a correct decision would now be up in arms saying it was wrong. Surely if you get two yellows, one of which categorically isn’t a yellow, one of which is, then it’s still an unjustified red card?

It’s very strange to me how, had Leigh’s bookings happened to have occurred the other way around, all the people saying it was a correct decision would now be up in arms saying it was wrong. Surely if you get two yellows, one of which categorically isn’t a yellow, one of which is, then it’s still an unjustified red card?
If he was on a yellow and went in the same way as he did for the first one then I'd say he was just as foolish.

I’m convinced neither the linesman or the referee saw the Harris ‘retaliation’. From my north stand view the linesman didn’t seem to flag.

It looked like pure guess work from the referee. He guessed and used the reaction of their bench and player to make a decision and that really should not happen.

I reckon if as a ref he didn’t see it then he should have called both players together to tell them to watch themselves etc and then paid close attention to them for the rest of the game. He was one of those refs that just didn’t seem to have a feel for the game.

Indeed, the ref was dire, but wasn't he Sam Purkiss, not Perkins?
I blame predictive text- though ultimately twas my typo ! ( once a thread title posted I believe only the moderators can change it?) though Sam Purkiss should change his identity , he is invariably poor in our games if memory serves
he was

I’m convinced neither the linesman or the referee saw the Harris ‘retaliation’. From my north stand view the linesman didn’t seem to flag.

It looked like pure guess work from the referee. He guessed and used the reaction of their bench and player to make a decision and that really should not happen.

I reckon if as a ref he didn’t see it then he should have called both players together to tell them to watch themselves etc and then paid close attention to them for the rest of the game. He was one of those refs that just didn’t seem to have a feel for the game.
I said at the time that if the lino had seen it it would have been flagged straight away, rather than waiting for a good few seconds until the ball had just gone in play again.

That said by all accounts it was the correct outcome so no complaints on that score. From what Manning said they said it was a stamp, so the officials have basically guessed and got lucky which isn't a particularly good look.

I said at the time that if the lino had seen it it would have been flagged straight away, rather than waiting for a good few seconds until the ball had just gone in play again.

That said by all accounts it was the correct outcome so no complaints on that score. From what Manning said they said it was a stamp, so the officials have basically guessed and got lucky which isn't a particularly good look.
I doubt it can be over turned or will be but surely going purely off the reaction of a bench shows a lot about the ref’s ability along with the rest of his officials?
Unfortunately I’m sure he will be in charge of a game next weekend and ruining another game of football.

think you just need to edit the opening post, at least it used to be. I see you’re not the OP this time though.

I doubt it can be over turned or will be but surely going purely off the reaction of a bench shows a lot about the ref’s ability along with the rest of his officials?
Unfortunately I’m sure he will be in charge of a game next weekend and ruining another game of football.
I said previously that they stumbled into the correct decision. By all accounts Harris is guilty of an elbow so no chance of an appeal, I'm no expert but I doubt "they said it was a stamp but it was actually an elbow so they couldn't have known" will hold much sway with an appeal committee.

It does seem to be based on the reaction which is awful refereeing. Perhaps I'm being harsh and the lino saw it but then why the delay in calling the ref over? I didn't see the incident but did see Smith lying prone for a while before the ref did anything, it's not the sort of thing a linesman would delay telling a ref.

Back
Top Bottom